February 15, 2019

Friday - Clear and cool

I woke up this morning to an empty room. I went downstairs to use the ‘loo and F was still here. We said hello and goodbye and when I finished he was gone. I came back upstairs and watched the news and then ER. I think I snoozed a little but got up for the last half of ER.

I had quite a good day today. I finished the cull of my women’s group members and then did another group’s members for good measure. I spent quite a bit of time on my computer and also did some reading in the afternoon. I’ve been re-reading a novel I read 5 years ago and I’ve just been enjoying it so much. Lately, I just haven’t been reading and that worries me a lot.

I had lunch and breakfast and never did bump into K today. I think she slept in, but then again, we had her out quite late yesterday.  

Around 5:50 or so I went downstairs and started working on dinner. It wasn’t a stressful one or anything, but it was the first time I’d used the toaster oven to cook meat at the house. I made some roasted chicken with a herb coating, steamed broccoli, shrimp pilaf and a salad. I had just put the meat in the oven to cook when F called to say he was on his way. I knew he’d be late, so I was planning to feed his mother. We were able to all sit down together and enjoy our meal. I cooked more of the pilaf and put out extra of the chicken and it almost all disappeared. I had thought that I’d leave some of the rice and chicken for K’s lunch on Saturday but it all vanished, except for 1 piece of chicken!  She can have it if she wants! 

I did the dishes but that wasn’t a big deal really. F was tired from work and I don’t like the way that K does them so I’d rather anyway.  Everyone did enjoy dinner, so that was really good. Yay.

F asked if I’d like to go out and I would. I did tell him that if he was too tired, I wouldn’t push it. We ended up going to Starbucks for a bit of wifi and relaxation. We both had the drip coffee and I had a cinnamon bun because I had wanted more pilaf but F gave it to K! He didn’t know and I didn’t say anything. 

We spent a bit over an hour in Starbucks and then came back to the house. I took a shower when it warmed up a bit and then watched Forever. It was a good one tonight. It’s too bad that the show was cancelled. I like Ioan Griffiths a lot. 


I finished my book when I really should have been blogging, so I’m a bit behind. I’m not sure what we’re going to do tomorrow. There aren’t any movies and F and I haven’t made plans. I suggested watching a DVR film or two, we’ll see if F likes that idea tomorrow night. Come back later and see what happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: