February 16, 2019

Saturday - Clear and sunny, snowy at night

Today was a nice surprise of a day. I didn’t expect it to go the way it did, but I’m happy that it did.

F and I slept in this morning. I was up before 11, but he wasn’t!  We didn’t have plans today so no worries.  F decided that we would take his mother out for lunch and we tossed around a few ideas for lunch. We ended up at Foodever near the station.

It wasn’t too busy today and we each had food from a different restaurant, so it was a good thing we’d gone to a food court.  I had gapao rice as usual, F had a fried chicken donburi and K had soba. We were all quite pleased with our meal. I walked over to the Tourist Information area and got some more brochures for this area.  We left and came back to the house.

We all had quiet time after lunch. I kept meaning to take a nap, but I never got around to it. I was trying to take care of some moderating stuff. I hope it gets done properly.  

F started suggesting things for dinner long before I was even hungry.  He talked about ordering in sushi which I thought sounded good and said so. After a bit, he went downstairs to ask his mother if she wanted food, but she’d already gone to bed and turned us down!

We decided to go out. We planned to go to one place and then on the way I suggested going to our local place. It was an excellent idea!  It was busy. We had to sit at the counter for a while, but it was okay. We ordered an entree each and an hors-d'oeuvres


Yamabushi Pork. Underneath are gorgeous roasted potatoes that were even better than the pork!



platter. It was all fabulous.  I had local pork with a mustard sauce, F had the fish course which was a gratin with cod and mushroom and a bunch of things. We had rice or bread and soup with those.  The hors d’oeuvres had smoked oysters, marinated chicken nankotsu, spicy chicken, marinated vegetables, omelette and some potato salad that we ate like pate on toast.  Everything was really good!

After our meal there, we were a tad surprised to see that the snow was really coming down outside. I had offered to buy F a coffee after our dinner, so we went to Aurora. We were the only people there tonight.  We had a cup of blend coffee and a piece of cake each.  It was a nice way to end our evening.  

We came back to the house and came upstairs. F didn’t feel well all of a sudden and wouldn’t watch a movie with me.  I watched a bit of YouTube and did some crochet for a while. After that, I turned on the TV and watched something and caught up on my internet stuff.  


And that’s about it. We do have plans for the afternoon tomorrow, but bad weather might upset them.  I hope things go well tomorrow, you’ll just have to come back and see how they go.  Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: