February 17, 2019

Sunday - Clear and warm

I went to bed insanely late last night, so when my first alarm went off I ignored it. I suggested to F that he take his mother to the onsen, and then when I woke up again around 11 they were gone.  I took care of a few things and then checked my email.  My friend was on her way to the meeting place, but F was still out. Oh no!  I texted him and then he called me.  He’d taken his mother out for lunch and the place was really slow.  He said he’d come back as soon as he could.

A few minutes later he phoned to say that he was on his way back. He’d cancelled their lunch order as the restaurant had served people that had arrived after them before F and K.  Not good that.  

F and I drove off to Mikawa where we went into the mall and met up with our friend and her children. We had a yummy lunch at Doutors and then walked along to the game centre so her son could play a game for a while. While he did that, her daughter got to ride a couple of rides for little ones. It was rather fun, except when the ride got stuck up in the air!  No problem really, it was an automatic safeguard when someone touched the barrier, but we didn’t know that!
After the games, we went for some ice cream and chatted a bit more. It was lovely to see my friend as it has been a few weeks and she’s very busy these days.

She decided that she had to be on her way as it was getting late and children needed to be fed! We have a date set up already for next month, so I’ll look forward to that. 

F and I spent a little time in the mall. I suggested getting a few things for our dinner since the deli section in the mall is quite good. We decided to do that. We picked up a Chinese style hors d’oeurves tray, some sushi, some chicken wings and I grabbed a salad too. I got something for my lunch on Monday and F picked up some of his adult beverage.  We went through the checkout and drove back to Tsuruoka.

There was a “moment” where another driver waited for F to turn when they should have turned first as they had the right of way. F wouldn’t turn and got a bit annoyed at it. He kind of lectured me about it, but I had absolutely nothing to do with it!

At the house, I heated things up and got the table set and put the food out. F was MIA for that part of the job, which surprised me as he was usually the person doing most of the work. Still, it got done.

Dinner was nice and once again everything got eaten up. I was thinking there’d be a few little things for K’s lunch tomorrow, but she ate them tonight. Oh well.... F and I did the dishes and went upstairs for a little bit. 

We went out again as we had forgotten to pick up kerosene and needed some barley tea for the kitchen.  We went to the drugstore first and bought the tea, a few snacks and some windshield washer liquid that F needed.  We got the kerosene and then came back to the house. 

I waited until our rooms had warmed up and then I took a shower. It was warmer out today and since the bathroom wasn’t freezing I did a little cleaning there.  Yay me.

F had gone to bed, but he’s just got up. He says he has a headache. I really hope that he isn’t sick again. All night he’s felt a bit off and cold. Our room is quite warm, so I’m getting a bit worried about him.  

I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow. I have a few things that I’d like to start. I’d like to do a bit of Marie Kondo-ing but I haven’t read her book!  (I looked for it, couldn’t find it.)

Anyway, that’s about it for me. Come back later if you have the urge and see what happens around here. Until tomorrow….

No comments: