February 18, 2019

Monday - Clear and Sunny, warm

F didn’t sleep very well last night and as a result, I didn’t sleep very well last night. I was woken up around 7:30 when F got up. He was his usual noisy self.  I said a sleepy goodbye to him and he was off.

I got up a few minutes later to watch the news and then ER. I snoozed through the non-English news but had to rewatch the US news because I snoozed through it too. Oh dear. However, once I was up, I was up.

I had a pretty quiet sort of day. I was fairly busy though. I removed a couple of people from my women’s groups and called the Cull done. Yay. I emptied out a drawer of clothes and went quite Marie Kondo on it. I tossed a bunch of socks that I hated. F sometimes buys me socks that he thinks I’ll like, but they are usually too tight or too high for me. I like soft and stretchy ones, not synthetic tight ones. I was able to put the undies that I wear every day into the drawer afterwards, so that is a sort of progress I think.

I ran into K a couple of times today. It’s unusual as there have been many days when I don’t see her until the evening. She did come up here and sweep outside my door in the late afternoon. I used to go out and make her stop, now I’ve decided it is her way of snooping on me or showing me up, so I’ve decided to just let her get on with it! She didn’t come in and that’s a good thing. 

F came back to the house a little late and we discussed dinner. We decided to go to a curry/ramen restaurant since he had a discount coupon. We invited K along too. F had to run an errand first though. We stopped at a hardware store and F got out. K was all set to follow him into the store when I called her back. I told her it was only F going in!  He could shop much faster without us. He was back in a few minutes and we drove off to the restaurant.

When we got there, it was closed! Oh no! F suggested going to the other curry place, Coco Ichibanya and I was happy with that. We got there, got seated, and all had the same dish, the Grandmother’s Curry. It’s a promotion thing right now and they are giving away spoons in a lucky draw if you order this curry.  Well, F pulled out a lucky ticket. Yay!  I pulled out a lucky ticket. Yay! K pulled out a lucky ticket. Yay!! We were quite surprised.  In the car later F said, “we’ve got four spoons now” but I corrected him. “I’ve got two spoons and you two have two spoons.”  Yep, I keep mine separate.  They are nice spoons though!

I've got two spoons!


We dropped K off at the house and took a few minutes to do a few things. F worked on K’s heater for the living room since it wasn’t working well. He discovered the remnants of a tissue inside.  I filled up the kerosene tank in the heater upstairs and then waited for F.

We popped out for a few minutes to the grocery store. I needed bread, but we got a few things like garbage bags and noodles for F.

We came back to the house and relaxed. I watched some TV and F went to bed. I looked over at him and he was in bed. I think he’s sleeping now which is good as he really needs more sleep.

That’s about it for now though. One thing to mention though. I’ve basically been living at this house for two years now. It isn’t home. I hate it here. I have no furniture except for a bed. There is nothing comfortable to sit on. The desk I use for my computer belonged to F’s sister, as does the uncomfortable hard chair. I never thought I’d get to be in my fifties and not even have a decent chair. 

I just found the box on Sunday that my favourite pots and pans are in, but I have no idea where to store them if I take them out of the box. 

Whoever designed this house was a complete moron and had no idea about safety or comfort. There is a steep staircase up to the second floor with no handrail. There is no heating or cooling in the kitchen. It’s a separate room from the living room so in winter it feels like being in Siberia when washing dishes or cooking meals. There is no light switch in the Genkan for the Genkan light. That means that someone has to put their shoes on in the dark.  

There’s more I could write, but I’m sure you get the picture. So, two years in and I still feel like this isn’t my “home”. Not sure what that is anymore. 

Bah humbug.

Until tomorrow….


No comments: