February 7, 2019

Thursday - Cold and rainy

Today was my first day back from my trip. I arrived last night and was just too tired to write my blog, so I chose to go to bed instead. This morning, I woke F up because he was still in bed sleeping and his alarm hadn’t gone off. He grumpily went off to work.

I had a quiet day today. I didn’t even see K face to face until dinner time. I got up, watched a bit of TV, had a nap in front of my computer around 11:30 and then didn’t get up to much for the rest of the day. I tried but didn’t manage. 

F didn’t have any suggestions for dinner so I suggested bentos. He liked that idea so we ordered and then went to pick them up. Before we did that, we went to the Gyomu Super and got some frozen food and a few imported things. Yay. We picked up our bentos after that. A man had run over the curb in front of the bento shop and got his car stuck. It made getting in and out of the shop’s parking quite difficult for everyone else.

We came back to the house and set up the table to eat.  F had to make miso soup and after he’d put the mix in each bowl I noticed that one of the bowls had a huge crack in it…big enough to see through. I wanted to scoop out the mix and pop it into another bowl, F wanted to pour boiling hot water into the bowl and quickly transfer the contents to another bowl.  Thankfully, I won that argument.

After dinner, we did the dishes quickly and then F wanted to go to the onsen. We got set up to go. F was angry with me about something, not sure what right now.

By the time we got to the onsen it was 9 pm. F went for his bath, I found a corner and read some Facebook. I was going to knit, but I only ended up doing one row. When F came out, we only had a minute or two before we had to leave. F put his boots on and zoomed outside. I was a tad upset because he just disappeared. When I got to the car, he was inside with the engine running. I told him that I didn’t like him just running off on me and he said that he had to because he wanted to start the car and get it warmed up…for me. Right.  He told me to remember it for the next time it happened. When I said I’d try he got annoyed with me. 

He took us to Komeda Coffee which was a surprise for me. We got a table, that F picked. Unfortunately, there was a gaggle of girls at a near table. They were so noisy.  They asked their iPhone for directions to places and had the volume up loud, then screamed with laughter.  F was quite upset about them. I said we could ask to move to another place or ask the waitress to quiet them.  He wouldn’t so I did something!  I opened up my translation app and asked it how to say, “Please turn down the volume” in Japanese. When it had translated the phrase, I played it back rather loudly.  It seemed to work :-) 

We came back to the house and tried to get our room warm. It’s cold and F isn’t feeling well. He’s been moaning and taking his temperature and groaning. I am sure that he does feel bad because he’s been so cranky.   I took a shower when it was a bit warmer in here.

No idea what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I guess you’ll have to come back and find out!

But…wait….About my trip….

It was great!  The weather in Sendai was mostly good, but there was one day of bad wind which delayed trains…I saw a couple of films, one with F and one by myself. We saw The Wife and it was good, I saw Victoria & Abdul and really liked it. I did a little shopping and bought some foreign foods, a new pair of warm pants for winter and some tea.  Okay, lots of tea! And books. The hotels were very nice, F liked the one we stayed in together, I loved my solo one. 

I got on quite well by myself. I did have lunch on my birthday with a woman from my group. It was a very nice Indian curry with a huge naan.

I really enjoyed being alone in the big city. It was hard to come back to Tsuruoka and this house. And then, when I did come back, I end up fighting with my husband. Sigh. 

Until tomorrow….

No comments: