March 21, 2019

Thursday - Overcast and a little rainy

We slept in this morning which was very nice. When I got up, F was having breakfast with his mother downstairs. He came upstairs a few minutes later and asked if I’d like to go out for lunch. I said yes.

We went to Futaba and had a lovely brunch. I had the pork special which came with soup, salad and some vegetables. F had the pork donburi and said he liked it. 

After lunch, we went to his house again. Today is the day that his mother usually goes to his father’s grave and the temple. I suggested that F take his mother there and I’d wait at the house. I spent my time catching up on my daytime TV!

When F and K got back a bit later, F and I decided to go out. I suggested coffee and he suggested Starbucks. We went and both had tiramisu frappuccinos. It was freakishly busy in the cafe and I had to wait for 15 minutes or so to get our drinks. F had grabbed a seat. While I was waiting I saw an ex-student that I didn’t like. Yikes.  I really didn’t want to bump into him. 

After a while, we left Starbucks. Since we had no plans I asked F if we could go to the craft shop. I’ve been looking into trying Sashiko, a Japanese embroidery craft. It looks pretty interesting and I haven’t tried it. I don’t like cross-stitch, but because this is mostly running stitch thought it might be cool. After looking all through the store I finally found some kits, so I got a small one to make coasters. 

F and I came back to the house via the grocery store. On the way to the house, he suddenly asked me if I’d like to go out this evening. I had no objections, especially when he suggested going to the Korean place his friends run. We even drove by and saw the owner outside the shop and it looked like he was opening up for the evening.

We got some food for me for tomorrow and then some bentos for K. I worry she doesn’t have food in the daytime. Tomorrow night K and I will have our food delivered since F is having an overnight party. Yay us.

F gave his mother the food and I changed my jacket. He called a taxi and then we drove to the Korean Izakaya. Which was closed! Oh no!  We got the taxi to take us somewhere else, but F then asked him to let us out and we walked to a place that I wanted to try. Sadly, when we got there it was full. It also looked more like a restaurant than an izakaya. F suggested a burger place we’ve tried to go to before and I was skeptical but thought it was okay. They were open and we were the only customers!  We had burgers and they were quite good. I was happy that Agents of Shield was on the big screen, but it was from the first series. I had an avocado and bacon burger, F had avocado and cheese I think. They were big and hard to eat, but pretty good. F had a beer, I had drink bar.

After we left, F wanted to go to another place, a yakitori shop. It was fine with me. We didn’t need more food, I don’t think he was ready to go back to the house yet. We ate a bit of yakitori which was quite good, and then called a taxi to go back to the house.

At the house, F took a shower first and then I did. I watched a bit of TV, F tried to go to bed. He is having a hard time sleeping.  I have to go off to sleep soon too.  Tomorrow he has his overnight party so I’ll be alone in the evening. Woohoo!  Oh, the things I’ll get up to. Snort. 

And that’s it for me. Check back later if you like and see how things go over here.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: