March 23, 2019

Saturday - Sunny but cool with a strong wind

Before I went to bed last night, I looked outside and noticed that the world was white. Yes, it had snowed last night. Egads. This morning, there was still a bit of snow, but it wasn’t anything serious as the roads were clear.

I woke up this morning when F came into the bedroom. He’d left the ryokan early so that he could go to the first of his doctors he wanted to see today. I managed to stay in bed and sleep a little longer. I got up at 9, turned on the water-pot and the heater then went back to sleep for a bit. I dragged myself out of bed at 10. 

F was back around then and had turned on the TV while I was out of the room. I really didn’t want to listen to J-TV, but tried not to get annoyed. We left the house about 20 after 11 and got to the doctor’s office soon after. I took The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye with me and got a good start on it. Our appointments went fine and that was that.

After we finished I suggested going to Naa for lunch. F liked that idea so we invited K along too. We went over to Naa and were able to get in right away. We had a nice lunch there and for a change, it wasn’t busy at all. 

After lunch, we came back to the house and I asked F to call and make the reservations for my mini-con for me. He was a star and did them all. Whew! One thing off my list. Or three, depending on how you look at it! 

To say thank you, I offered to take him out for a coffee and did. We went to Komeda and had coffee and wifi time. We left around 5 pm, went to the grocery store and bought a bento for K’s dinner. We delivered it and then F and I drove out to Mikawa.

There was only one new to us English movie in the area and it was Bumblebee. Although I like Hailee Steinfeld, I didn’t want to see it. The Transformers bore me and the last few films were horrible. F said he wanted to see it and since I always pick our films thought fair was fair!  

We got our tickets and then had dinner. We both had Bibinba at the food court. They were good but so hot. I realized that we only had 10 minutes before the movie started and I was only halfway done mine!  I sent F off to get drinks and popcorn then finished mine and put away the dishes. I joined F and we went in to see the movie. And, you know what?  I actually enjoyed it. It wasn’t the best movie ever, but it was fun and I didn’t feel stupid for watching it. I wonder if it had something to do with the fact it was written by a woman? It was a bit of a coming of age movie and I personally liked the tributes to The Breakfast Club!

After the movie it was too late to go to Aeon for socks for me, so F suggested going to Don Qihote. I did get a pair of socks, and also a lightning cord, a drink and a cushion for my chair. I didn’t get cereal though. Sigh.

We came back to the house. F headed to bed quite quickly and I’m still up but plan to get some sleep soon. I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. F suggested going to Yamagata, but I don’t think we should do that. I have a few more pre-convention things to prepare so if I can, I’ll ask if we can do that instead.


Come back later and see how our Sunday goes. Until tomorrow…

No comments: