April 11, 2019

Thursday - Snow in the morning, clearing later on

I got up this morning around 8. It was really hard to do that. I started the news on tape and watched it from my nice warm bed. There was still a bit of snow outside, although the roads looked clear.

I had a quiet day today. I debated either writing a few postcards or doing some of my sashiko, so I chose the sashiko. I finished the design and it looks really cool. I have another one to do in a different design, so I’ll do that and then I can finish the two coasters. At least that is the plan at the moment. 

My little sashiko coaster-to-be.

I watched a few of the shows on the DVR and erased them. It was rather fun in a way. I have a few shows left to watch and I need to get F to start watching Castle Rock with me again or we’ll run out of space on the DVR.

Around 4:15 I was downstairs washing my dishes from the day when the doorbell rang. The guy came in with a paper. It was something about the water meter. Basically, we couldn’t use the water for the next few minutes. I hadn’t finished rinsing all of my dishes yet, so I didn’t. Don’t tell my husband! I washed and dried them.  K came into the kitchen and tried to tell me something, but to be honest, I had no idea what she was on about. Sigh.

For dinner tonight, F and I discussed a couple of options. I asked for his idea and for a change he had one. He suggested Kintaro Sushi, which was one of my ideas too. I also thought of Youme-Shokudo, which he liked too, so we went there!  I really didn’t mind for a change. 

The three of us went and had yummy dinners. I had Spicy Chicken Namban, F had Pork Piccata and his mother had a grilled saba (mackerel).  We were all quite pleased with our food.

We took K back to the house and dropped her off. F and I went off to the Izmo area and had a drink and a dessert at McDonald, while we used the wifi. After that, we went to the grocery store for a few necessities. I’m going to make pasta for dinner tomorrow night, with shrimp. I hope it’ll be good.  

We came back to the house and I watched Elementary. That show has really grown on me. I don’t preset the DVR for it, but I do try to watch it every week. 

And that’s about it. I’m not sure what we’ll get up to this weekend. F has to have an early start tomorrow, so I should try and let him get lots of sleep.  

Come back later if you choose and have a gander at what I get up to on Friday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: