April 12, 2019

Friday - Clear and cooler I think

I woke up early this morning, made a run downstairs. I came back to bed in time to see that F had got up to get ready for work. He had an early start today, poor thing. I waited until he left and went back to sleep for a bit. 

I watched the news I had taped earlier and then my usual ER episode. Love that show! 

Today I had a terribly quiet day. I didn’t do too much, and I didn’t accomplish anything, sad to say. 

F called around 5:40 to say he was coming to the house so I went downstairs to get dinner started. He called back a few minutes later to say he had to buy gas so would be longer. Luckily I hadn’t put the pasta on to cook yet. 

We had quite a good dinner when he arrived. We had carbonara with garlicky shrimp plus asparagus and a side salad.  Everything disappeared, except the asparagus! There was a little leftover.

F had expressed that he wasn’t feeling well before dinner and after dinner collapsed in a puddle on the floor of the living room. 
I cleared the table, washed and dried all the dishes and then came upstairs. It took ages to do the dishes, luckily nothing was too dirty or difficult tonight.

A few minutes later, F came upstairs and threw himself on the bed and fell asleep. He’s only just gotten up now at 1:43 in the morning. I had hoped to go out with him but that didn’t happen. I know that if he really is sick then he should stay in bed, but I am not sure if he is!

I watched a bit of telly tonight and took a shower.  I was hoping to go to bed early tonight as it is too depressing to stay up when I’ve been stuck here all day, but F has the light on now. 

Anyway, let’s hope that tomorrow he’s feeling better, I’m feeling okay and that we can actually DO something.  

Come back later if you feel like it and see what, if anything, I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: