April 14, 2019

Sunday - Sunny then a bit cloudy

F and I slept in a bit, but not too much. He got up around 9 and took his mother to the onsen. That was fine with me. I slept a little longer and then got up and took care of a couple of things I needed to.

F got back around 12:00 I think and we talked about going out for lunch. Then he said that he wasn’t feeling that well. I suggested he have a rest for a few minutes before we went out, and that’s what he did. 

We stripped the bed before we left so that we could go to the laundromat with our bedding.

We went to the Indian Restaurant. They just reopened after their holiday. We both had their Akawari Naan set, free refills on naan with one of 5 curries. It’s quite good value and we almost always want more naan.  It’s so good. Today was no exception. I had the chicken curry, F had the pork curry and it was all good stuff. We did order extra naan, but poor F had a bit of a mishap. His denture plate broke during the meal. It’s been broken for a while, he fixes it himself, and well, it broke again. 

We made a quick stop over at the Pal shopping area and I was rather surprised to see a whole bunch of female foreigners in the store. They got on a charter bus with from our area so I wonder if it was a tour or something. I’ll never know!

We tried one new laundromat today but it was a bit too poncey for us. We had to take our shoes off at the door and they only had one big washing machine and not too many smaller ones.  They did have lots of dryers though.  We decided to go to our usual place and it was fine. No waiting for machines, we used two of the big ones for all of our bedding and then had two big dryers afterwards for them. 

We headed back to the house with our clean bedding, but F asked if I’d like a drink or something. I was fine with that, but he proceeded to pass every single interesting place with drinks. He said that he was going to the 7-11 after I questioned him. We detoured to Komeda coffee where we had ice coffees.  The bad thing is that they seem to have a lot of sugar in their regular iced coffee. It was yucky. I took a mouthful and wasn’t happy. F switched with me, but I worried about him having all that sugar.  

We left the coffee shop and went over to the nearby grocery store. I had suggested getting something for our dinner tonight and once I was in the store found something for making tomorrow night’s dinner too. 

We came back to the house, unloaded the car, and F got the bentos on the table. I took some of the bedding upstairs and came down to eat.  Dinner was fine. I had a chicken bento, F and K had rice based bentos. Everyone seemed pleased.  F washed the dishes, I dried afterwards and then we went upstairs. 

We remade our bed with our nice clean and more spring-like bedding. We had fuzzy warm sheets and I was starting to get a bit too hot in bed. Hopefully, I’ll be okay now.

We watched a bit of Castle Rock from the DVR and I did some knitting.  After that, I took a shower and F watched some TV. F went to bed fairly early as he has an early driving assignment tomorrow morning so has to go to work earlier than usual. 

That’s about it for me. I did read quite a bit of The Girl Who Takes an Eye for an Eye at the laundromat which was good. I’m not quite done, but I’m getting there. 

Come back later and find out how my day goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: