April 13, 2019

Saturday - Warm and Sunny

F and I slept in this morning. He’d gotten up around 2 last night and went back to bed after that. I stayed up a bit longer before going to bed.

Today, around 10:30 am, he asked if I’d mind if he went to the onsen with his mother. I said I did mind. Usually, when he goes out that late, he doesn’t get back until 2 pm or so and all of the places I like to eat are closed. I told him he could go if he wanted, but I might not be at the house when he got back.   Then, he decided he was too sick to go anywhere and was a bit pouty for a while. Finally, at 11:30 he decided he’d go and see his doctor, but couldn’t drop me off. I said it was fine. If he was that sick, the doctor’s office was the best place for him.

He got back a couple of hours later. He got some medicine from his doctor and will have tests later this month. We went out for lunch to Kintaro Sushi. It was my suggestion, I’d had a late breakfast when he was out so I could have just a little bit of sushi if that’s what I wanted! We also picked up a few things for his mother while we were out.

We came back to the house and of course, F didn’t want to change the bedding, he wanted to sleep and did. I’m okay with that, but honestly, I want to switch over to the non-winter sheets!

We discussed going to a movie and he slept. I read a bit, surfed the net and generally amused myself for a while. I woke him up around 6 pm and we discussed our plans.

F and I went to Foodever tonight for a great dinner of local lamb on rice. It was quite good. Then, we went to the cinema to see Mortal Engines. I’m not sure why, but the cinema was really crowded tonight. There were three movies starting within 10 minutes of each other, so that could have been a reason. One was at 19:55, one at 20:00 and ours was at 20:05.  Crazy scheduling. 

Our movie was fun. It wasn’t the best film ever, but I enjoyed it a lot. I had read some not very good reviews of it, so it was nice to see that they were somewhat wrong!

After the movie, we came back to the house via the convenience store.  At the house, we had a few snacks and a little later F went to bed. 

I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m still hoping for a laundromat for washing sheets and such but won’t hold my breath. I’d also love to go back to the Indian restaurant, but have no idea if F’s stomach will be up to it. Fingers crossed. 

Come back later and find out what we get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: