April 20, 2019

Saturday - Windy but sunny

I got up before F today, somewhere around 10:30.  Once again, F asked if it was okay if he took his mother to the onsen.  I told him it was fine, but I’d probably go over to the Craft Fair in the park across the road while they were gone. He didn’t like that, and changed his mind immediately! I actually meant it, I thought they’d have food stalls and it would give me a chance to scope out some of the crafts for later.

Instead, we decided to take his mother out for lunch. We went to Naa, the farm restaurant. It was a bit busy, but the food was good.  After that, we stopped briefly at a farmer’s market kind of place for a few fresh veggies. 

Back at the house, F and I unloaded the car and then walked over to the park to see the Craft Fair. It was nice today and there were a lot of people in the park. Over a few stalls, I ended up buying a wooden spoon and a spatula, a new mug and a rice bowl for K, and a few postcards from the artist. I had wanted a drink or something but didn’t get one there.

We came back to the house and F heated up some dinner for his mother. She got to have more curry. I really didn’t want it as it had been sitting out overnight and I just don’t want to risk food poisoning.  

We drove to Mikawa and bought our tickets for the movie. We went over to Aeon and got F a few ties as he can only find one tie at the house. He got three new blue ones, I wanted him to get other colours, but he wanted blue…to go with his green uniform. Good choice dear. 

We had dinner in a pasta place in the mall. Mine was fine, I had tuna and daikon in a Japanese soy-yuzu sauce. It was good, but I would have preferred a sharper yuzu flavour. F had a spicy pomodoro that he didn’t like much. I thought it was too spicy, he thought it tasted like minestrone soup!

F ran the ties to the car and we went upstairs and watched Shazam!  I really liked it, F mostly liked it. There were a few things I didn’t like, but overall, I really enjoyed it. 

On the way back to Tsuruoka, F asked if I’d like to go out for a drink and I said yes. I didn’t mind one way or another. We ended up parking in the Marica building and walking to Bardet.  We spent a couple of hours there and had some great food, and even a drink(me) or three(F). It was quite nice spending time out.  We came back to the house via Daiko.

F went to bed fairly soon after he got back, I’m still up, but will go as soon as I’m done this. 

I’m not sure of Sunday’s plans yet. We may go to a concert in the aquarium or to see another movie or even both! Come back later and find out what we get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: