April 24, 2019

Wednesday - Cloudy and warm, rainy

I woke up this morning around the same time as F did. He got up and went off to his appointment, I stayed in bed for a few minutes and got up. I debated going out for a walk but didn’t. I don’t really regret that!

F came back around 10am, but couldn’t eat for a while. I had just grabbed my breakfast, so felt a bit guilty. Nonetheless, I ate it!  F went back to bed and soon fell asleep. I watched my shows and then I felt tired so around 12, I got into bed too!  I woke up around 1:30, and then so did F. 

We went out for lunch to Cocos. They used to have a nice lunch menu, but they’ve changed it and not for the better. They have about 12 menu items and none of them really made me feel tempted. I ended up ordering a mentaiko spinach pasta and giving F as much of the mentaiko as I could scrape off the top. It was okay, but not great.  We asked if we could change the rice in the dishes to bread, but they said no. So, that was a disappointment really. 

After lunch, we made a brief stop at a drugstore and then went to the Tsuruoka Art Museum. They are having a William Morris Exhibition at the moment and since I am a lover of all things Pre-Raphaelite, I had to go.  We enjoyed it, even though it wasn’t quite what I had expected. Morris wasn’t a painter like the others in the movement, he was a designer of a lot of wallpaper! I jest a bit, but there were a lot of very busy wallpapers on display. I did like the books that he created with Edward Burne-Jones, but I like Burne-Jones.  I am glad that I went and I might even be persuaded to go again, but I’m not sure if I will.  I liked it but didn’t love it. I did buy quite a few postcards afterwards, that I might use for Postcrossing. Or not!

After the museum, we picked up K’s shoes that had been repaired and then went to Starbucks for a cool drink. It was extremely hot in the Museum. I had worn my jacket inside, I took it off, carried it around, AND got a little fan out and used it prodigiously in the museum. 

We discussed what to do for dinner. F wanted bentos so I said I’d go to the grocery store with him and if I found one I liked I’d get it. If not, I’d maybe order one or something. Well, instead of going to a grocery store with a lot of choices for bentos, he went to our local store and there was NOTHING for me. I looked at the food and felt ill. I needed a salad for tomorrow’s lunch and again, there was nothing. They were sold out. I even checked the frozen section, but apart from some pasta, nothing I wanted to eat. 

I asked F if we could deliver the bento to his mother so she didn’t have to wait longer for dinner and then maybe check out another store. He said okay. 

We went back to the house, gave her the bento and put away the other food. F and I left again, and on the way to the other store he told me that I didn’t have to have a bento, we could just go out for dinner. Yay.  I suggested our old favourite, Jiro so we headed there. We got in right away and had a nice meal, well, I did! I had my usual pork saute with garlic oil and it was good. F had Oriental Curry and seemed to enjoy it.  

We picked up a few groceries including my salad at the grocery store, and then came back to the house. We watched an episode of Castle Rock which I knitted all the way through and then I watched Grey’s Anatomy and something from the DVR. 

It was a really good day. I probably should have walked in the morning as the weather for the rest of the week will be bad, but I did move quite a bit today. 


That’s it for me for today. Come back later if you like and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: