May 24, 2019

Friday - Hot and sunny

I woke up around 8 this morning and got up to make a trip downstairs. I saw F in the living room with his mother.  They’d had breakfast together. I came back upstairs, watched some of the news and then ER of course. F came back upstairs and went back to bed. I did go over for a cuddle until I had to get up again.  F snoozed a bit and didn’t really move again until the afternoon.

I found a new place on Facebook so I suggested going there. They only had a few things on the menu, but it sounded like a neat place. F decided it was a good possibility too so off we went.  It was a “Share Cafe” and it was really good!  We were the only customers but enjoyed ourselves. We both had the lunch set of curry and bread. It was great, even though the curry was tomato based.  We had bread with the curry, and also herb tea. It was really nice. I bought a few postcards there too as they were unusual. They were more expensive than the ones I usually get though.

After lunch, we went to the new concert hall to check out the activities. There weren’t many. There was a Marche or sale of goods going on. We bought some chiffon cake for K and for us too. We took it back to the house and we had our snack.  Yum. 

F had booked himself a massage in the afternoon, so I asked to be dropped off at S-Mall. He did, although we had to take a detour due to the road being blocked for the festival. At the mall, I hacked around the hundred yen shop and then got my picture taken in the photo booth at the door. I have to renew one of my living in Japan cards soon. 

I went to Doutor and had a drink and read part of my book today. I very nearly finished it before F showed up to meet me. 

We bought a bento for K’s dinner at the grocery store and then delivered it. She’d already made herself something. Oh well. 

I changed my shirt to something warmer and F called a taxi. We had decided to go to the Korean izakaya we like for our dinner.  We arrived there and had a good meal if a bit meat based. I didn’t order the food, it was all on F. He’s the one who doesn’t want to eat meat usually. 

When we had eaten too much there, we just came back to the house. I would have liked to stay out a bit longer, but F was tired. Unlike me, he had a couple of drinks. We came back to the house by taxi and just relaxed.  I did take a late shower as I really felt I needed it.

F is sleeping away now and I’m still up. My stomach is acting up a bit, I’ve no idea why. Hopefully, things will recover soon.  

Tomorrow is the Tenjin Matsuri Parade. I’m not sure if we’ll go and see it or not. F wants to, but I need my stomach to be better, and somewhere shady to stand!


That’s it for me. Come back later if you want and see what I get up to.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: