May 25, 2019

Saturday - HOT and sunny

I slept in a bit today, but F got up quite early. I finally got up and dressed in time for F to come in and demand to know where I wanted lunch. Since my stomach was still sore from last night I didn’t really want to eat for a while. We did end up going to Futaba just up the road and had quiche, which was lovely, and quite nice for sore stomachs.

After lunch, F wanted to see the parade, but I’m afraid I didn’t. It was so hot, I wasn’t feeling great yet and I just couldn’t be bothered. He suggested going to the bookstore, but then drove into the parade zone. I could not believe it. Every freaking road that he drove down was blocked off, and I TOLD him that it would be. It took ages to get to the bookstore. 

We spent a bit of time in the bookstore. It’s a bit boring for me because they don’t have English books so I spend my time looking at DVDs, CDs and crafting books. F picked up a local eatery magazine because it featured hamburgers and sandwiches. Yum.  We went over to Starbucks then and had a couple of cold beverages. I had iced coffee, F had a frappuccino. It was really busy there, so F got me to find a seat and then he got the drinks. I found one that was in the sun and was quite hot really. After a while a group near us moved, so F and I changed our seats.  The ladies that had been sitting next to us decided to take our old seats but we warned them about the sun so they changed their minds.  Good call!

We went back to the house for a while and then popped out again to get something for dinner. F wanted an hors d’oeuvres platter, but we couldn’t find one. At the third grocery store, he found a very expensive sushi tray and got that for us. It was really good, but a little small. When we brought it back to the house we all enjoyed it a lot.

We stayed in tonight. There weren’t any movies still so F and I watched a couple of shows off the DVR. We finished up Castle Rock tonight and started the second season of The Good Doctor. We enjoyed the shows.

F had a snack and then fell asleep, I had a snack and used my computer a lot!

I do feel a bit sorry that we didn’t see the parade today as I know that F wanted to see it. However, it was really hot this afternoon, F said his car thermometer said it was 34 degrees. That is much too hot for me. 

Tomorrow I have no idea what we’ll get up to. Come back later and find out. Until tomorrow….


No comments: