May 26, 2019

Sunday - Blazing hot and sunny

I went to bed quite late last night and slept in until 9:30. I made a run downstairs. F had set up a loaf of bread overnight and I could smell it. I hadn’t worn my glasses downstairs, but it looked like the bread was finished. I came back upstairs and woke F up to see if the bread was done. It was and happily for me, he dealt with it.  He even gave me some an hour or so later, the next time I woke up!

We went out for lunch today. I had suggested a good restaurant near the centre of the city, but it wasn’t open today. Boo! Instead, we ended up going to the butcher’s restaurant. It’s a tiny place with great, meat-based food. Recently, they’ve had hamburgers on offer. Good hamburgers!  I had one today too, and F had the roast beef lunch. We were both pretty pleased with our meals.

After lunch, I suggested getting a drink or something, but F countered with going to the aquarium. As he pointed out, it would be cooler there.  We drove down to Kamo and spent the next hour or so looking at underwater creatures, but especially the jellyfish. It was great.






We came back towards Tsuruoka. F had suggested walking along the beach and I was fine with that, but  I kept falling asleep.  He changed his mind and we ended up in the Mikawa Mall instead.  Newsflash, there’s going to be a Post Office inside the mall. That’ll be cool.  

We had a coffee at the coffee shop (mine was decaf and iced) and used the wifi for a bit. F fell asleep at one point. We were on comfy couches and he was sitting there with his head thrown back. I think if I hadn’t woken him, he’d have started snoring soon!

We decided to buy things for dinner in the grocery store in the mall, so walked down and had a look. We picked up a treat tray with some deep fried shrimp, some meatballs, some gyoza and some spring rolls, a sushi assortment and I suggested a crispy noodle salad. We brought it all back to the house and while F washed his winter tires (?) I got dinner on the table.  I didn’t have a clue what he was doing. It was strange!

Dinner was nice except we were watching the news and it talked a lot about Trump’s meeting with Abe. Neither person is very popular amongst my friends.

After dinner, F washed the dishes and I dried them. He wanted to go to the onsen so I said I’d go to, and if we stopped at the grocery store afterwards, I’d buy stuff to make dinner as well. 

We went to the onsen. I sat in the lobby and read my book, I drank a couple of drinks from the coffee machine and ate a few senbei. F came out and vegged for a while too, but we left just before the place closed. 

On the way back to town, he suggested more coffee, so we went to Komeda and I tried their decaf iced coffee. It was good, not sweet either. Yay. F had his regular decaf. 

We finished up by going to the store and getting things for tomorrow’s dinner. I’m going to make up a stew packet and hopefully cook enough for two days.  

We came back to the house and I did up the kitchen garbage and the upstairs's too. I took a shower as well.  F has finally gone to bed and I think is sleeping. He’s tired, but doesn’t really want to go back to work I’m sure. I asked him if he had a good weekend but he said he didn’t know. Sigh. That makes me sad as I had a pretty good one overall. 


Not really sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow as I have a few things I need to do and even more that I want to do! Come back later and see which wins out!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: