May 27, 2019

Monday - Hot and sunny

I woke up early this morning then fell asleep again. Of course, I overslept and was really surprised when I looked at the clock and saw it was almost 9am. Yikes.

I got up, made the bed, sorted my laundry and took the time to have a cup of tea. I went downstairs, said hello to K and started my laundry and grabbed my breakfast. 

I had a quiet day really. I didn’t start F’s pants, but I did do a couple of Postcrossings in the afternoon. I’m trying for ten this week. I watched quite a bit of stuff off the DVR and I caught up with Facebook and such.

Around 4:30 I went downstairs, started a jug of mint tea steeping and got started on dinner. I expected that F would call a bit after 5 to say he was on his way and would be glad that I had moved on it. Well, 5:15 came and went. So did 5:30, 5:45 and even 6:00pm.  Where was my hubby?  I was making a stew and had brought it to a point where I couldn’t really do anything else. I could hold it or add the other ingredients.  Just as I was about to add the ingredients, he called to say he was on his way.  

He arrived and I sent him off to change his clothes. After that, he came to the living room. Tonight we had a 4 cheese pork stew on rice with a side salad. Dinner got good reviews. I really liked it, and so did everyone else, which is good because it is tomorrow’s dinner too.  

After dinner, F and I did the dishes. What a rigamarole. F washed the lid of the stewpot and got water under the lid handle. I couldn’t get it out so he took his screwdriver and undid the handle to get it out. I’m worried that it just won’t stay closed in the future now. Time will tell. 

We went out for a drink tonight. I chose Starbucks since there was a drugstore nearby it and I wanted to grab something there first. We did that and then had our drinks at the coffee place. F sucked up the wifi and didn’t want to leave, so it was close to 11 before we left for the grocery store. We picked up a few things for tomorrow’s dinner and then came back to the house. F unpacked the groceries and I put together the garbage for tomorrow. 

The rest of the evening was quite quiet. I watched So You Think You Can Dance and F took a shower. That kind of thing.


I’m not sure what I’m going to get up to tomorrow. I’ll hopefully do more Postcrossing and maybe something else a bit fun. Fingers crossed. Come back later and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: