May 28, 2019

Tuesday - Rainy, cloudy and cooler

I got up at a semi-decent time today and did my usual morning stuff. I did a load of laundry today and when I hung it up I watched Pretty Little Liars. That show is such a guilty pleasure. 

In the afternoon I did a couple of Postcrossings after lunch. I got the cards all ready, but when it came time to scan them, my printer/scanner wouldn’t work. Sigh. I couldn’t get it to work. I decided to leave it for now. I scanned my cards with my phone.

F called around 5:30 to say he was on the way home. I asked him to pick something up, which he did.  I went down to the kitchen and started to get dinner underway. We were having leftovers so I just had to heat up the stew, but it took a while. I’m not like F, I use low heat to bring things up to temp. I’d rather not burn my dinner.  When F got here, I made a cucumber dish with spices. It was one where you bash the cucumber to pieces. Very therapeutic!

After dinner, which was well received, K offered to help me do the dishes, but I turned her down.  I have a hard enough time getting F to do the dishes my way, no way I could with K! And I’m very picky. 

F did come and help. He said he’d like to get a massage or go to the onsen. He settled for onsen and so we went off to Haguro.  We did stop in at a drugstore but didn’t get anything.

While F was taking his bath, I checked my phone, did a couple of rows of knitting and even read a bit. F came out and bought me a drink from the vending machine. We headed back into Tsuruoka and to the grocery store. Boo!

F sort of asked me to make dinner tomorrow night. In the car, he said something about breaded fish, but I told him I’d never cook fish for him and his mother. It’s mostly true. I don’t like the Japanese way and I’m not confident enough frying or roasting fish. 

We came back to the house and I took a shower.  I came back upstairs and watched a show on Australian travellers in Tokyo. Some of it was really dumb, but some of it was quite funny. I haven’t spent a lot of time in Tokyo so can’t really be sure where they went or what they did.


Anyway, that’s about it. F has to go to work early on the morrow so has gone to bed already. I really should get there soon too.  Come back later if you like and see how Wednesday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: