June 15, 2019

Saturday - Cloudy and overcast all day, windy

I woke up this morning to an empty room and house!  F had got up and taken his mother to the onsen. I was glad that she got to leave the house for a bit.

When F came back we talked about going for lunch and I had a suggestion, Jour Faste. It’s a little French restaurant near the train station, good food and fairly reasonable, especially during lunchtime.  He agreed so we drove there and parked.  We were able to get in and had a lovely meal. I had pasta - zucchini and shrimp basil pasta and F had the fish course. We were both pleased with our meals.

After our meal F suggested that we go to a cafe for a drink and some wifi, so we did. We visited Cafe Studio Cinq near the river. We were there for a while.  I like the place, it doesn’t get too busy and they don’t bother us after we got our stuff. The waiter, who obviously was new and didn’t know us, gave us an English Menu which was quite nice of him.  I didn’t need it, but I didn’t mind it.

During our break, I asked F if we could go to Hard-Off, the second-hand shop. I wanted to get a pair of jeans that I can cut up for patching his jeans. I went to the large men's jeans section in the shop and got the cheapest pair.  I’ll have to do some cutting, but it should work out okay I think. We hacked around the store but didn’t get anything else.

We knew it was getting late, so we picked up some bentos at the grocery store nearby. F picked up the nicest ones for him and his mother, I had to take something that wasn’t as good for myself. The grocery store we went to doesn’t have a large selection of bento.

We brought the bento back to Tsuruoka and had our meal with K. She’d spent quite a bit of the day alone, so she might have been happy to see us. I’m not sure, I can’t tell.

F and I cleaned up after the meal and we went upstairs briefly. I sent a few emails and did some forwards for my women’s group and then we went out.

We went to a convenience store first to send a package to someone who was going to take my ink off my hands, then we parked at the cinema.  There was a festival on a nearby street, so we walked over and checked it out. We didn’t buy anything as usual, but it was fun to have a look around. The stationery shop that I used to go to has started to sell fishing goods which is a little surprising. It is still a great little shop though.

We went back to the cinema and went to see On the Basis of Sex which is the film about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.  I quite liked it. I wasn’t sure if F would as he’s not up on the politics of the US, but he said he liked it.

We left the cinema after the movie and hit a convenience store on the way back to the house. I took a shower and F went to bed as he’s a bit tired as usual.


Tomorrow we might go and see the latest MIB movie and we might visit a market in the morning. I’ve been reading about it on Facebook for a while. Come back later and find out what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: