June 16, 2019

Sunday - Rainy

I woke up a bit early today and F was snoozing a little. He had been awake but went back to sleep.  Around 9:30 I asked him if he’d like to go to the market that I had told him about the day before. He would, so we got dressed and in a little while, went out and found the place.  They had moved indoors due to the rain, but there wasn’t very much on offer. I’m not sure if it is because of the weather, or because we came a bit late, but I was surprised at how small it was!  F bought some cashews and I ogled some zucchini and some kohlrabi but didn’t bite. 

We went over to a nearby cafe that was part of the sale and had our breakfast. We both had hot sandwiches, different types and shared one of each. I chose tuna mayo and F chose ham and egg. His was very messy.  Over breakfast, I decided to go and get some of the kohlrabi, and when we finished, I did. I also suggested to F that we get his mother a couple of buns with filling for her breakfast so we did that too. 

We went back to the house. F took care of a personal thing and then we went out for a quick lunch. We planned to go and see the 1:30 movie.  We went to Yoshinoya for lunch, and both had the bowl lunch that doesn’t have rice. It has two kinds of meat and a lot of veggies. I like it a lot. By now it was almost the movie time, we were halfway across the city, F had forgotten his medicine and that thing he took care of earlier?  It needed taking care of again. I suggested going to the 6:20 film instead and F seemed to agree. 

We went back to the house. F took care of his thing…the man needs to go back to the dentist…honestly so frustrating. Then he had rest and relaxation time for a while.  Around 3 something I suggested going out again. I really wanted to visit a hundred yen shop and knew we needed to get food for K, for tomorrow’s lunches and dinner AND we needed to eat. F wouldn’t budge. One more minute to watch stupid boxing/wrestling/whatever on his phone. 

Finally, it was well after 4 before he moved himself. We left and went to the farthest grocery store that we possibly could. I went to the hundred yen shop, got my stuff, couldn’t get him to go through the checkout. Paid for the stuff, back to the car in the rain, moved over to the grocery store. 

The grocery store was busy and since I don’t go there often I didn’t know where things were. I’d ask F to pick things up for the house, he’d look blankly at me. It was terribly frustrating. He did get his mother something for dinner, I got stuff for dinner tomorrow and for my lunch too.

On the way back to the house I told F that I didn’t think we’d be able to see the movie. He got mad at me. It was already 5:30 and we had to eat. We got to the house, we put away the groceries and I took the stuff upstairs that wasn’t groceries. 

We got back in the car and went to Foodever.  F headed for the place that I don’t like, a donburi shop. Since time was being crunched (less than 20 minutes now),  I went to his place too. He had a raw fish bowl, but I wasn’t interested in that, so I had a fried chicken and tempura mushroom bowl. We had an argument again. I told him that we wouldn’t be finished in time to see the movie, so he said we wouldn’t go then. That was fine with me. I hate going in late.

I wolfed down my food, which wasn’t that good, left half of my rice because, well yucky rice.

We get back to the car and it is about 3 minutes before the movie starts. He starts driving to the cinema. We go in and he buys the tickets and I buy drinks. I thought with us being late and just having eaten, we didn’t need popcorn. He wanted it. We went in and happily for me, the film hadn’t actually started yet. We saw Men In Black: International. I liked it, probably because it was so silly.  

After the movie, F wanted to go somewhere, but wouldn’t say where. He drove to the grocery store, parked the car and went inside. He locked me in the car. 

We drove back to the house and he asked me if I wanted to go to the convenience store. Since I hate the one that was on our way I said no. What was the point? 

Back at the house, I did up the garbage for taking out tomorrow, then came upstairs and had F proceed to inform me what a horrible person I was. I was told that my fingernails are too long and I should cut them, then he brought up an incident with my niece that happened 19 years ago or something….I’m also a very selfish person apparently. 

I really would rather have skipped the film tonight. The food I had wasn’t good and I didn’t feel terribly well afterwards. It wasn’t much fun being with a person who is angry at you. Yes, we got to the cinema on time to see the actual film, but not the previews. The roads were wet, anything could have happened.

I’m sure that tomorrow I’ll be ignored and any nice food that I make will not be eaten by him.  I have spent the night looking for interesting places to go and spend a couple of days, but nothing has sprung up yet. The rainy season makes things horrible and makes F have so much pain that he’s quite unbearable to be around. 

That’s it for me. I’ll most likely be here tomorrow. Until then….

No comments: