June 17, 2019

Monday - Rainy and Cold - I didn’t go out

I woke up in the middle of the night as I was a bit cold.  Brr. It’s June, that isn’t supposed to happen now. I went back to sleep and woke up after F left for work. I think I heard him today but kept on sleeping. Yay for that.

I had a quiet morning. I washed the pair of jeans that I bought on Saturday, they’re still a little damp. I tried to stay warm, K and I had a little chat about the cold. Sigh.

I was quite surprised around 4 pm when F called me to say that he would be late. I said it was okay and that I’d cook for his mother and me a bit earlier. 

I went downstairs a bit after 6 to start dinner. I soon had things heating up and cooking.  F made it back to the house just as I was about to serve, so that was good.  Tonight we had baked chicken, stir-fried kohlrabi, salad and a side of basil penne.  I didn’t want rice and the penne made a nice substitute.  Something I’ve noticed about K and F though, they don’t like leaving leftovers.  There were two pieces of chicken left and some of the kohlrabi. I thought it would be a nice thing for K’s lunch. Then, F grabbed one of the chicken pieces and ate it and his mother grabbed all the rest of the kohlrabi. I was rather shocked, to be honest. Well, don’t blame me if she goes hungry.

I cleared the dishes after dinner and started to wash them. F came in and said he’d do them. I said it was great, I’d just finish the one I was doing.  Just then, he starting looking sheepish, muttered something about being dizzy and took off upstairs. So, not much help then. I didn’t mind, I was sorry that he was sick, but honestly…stop offering to help if you aren’t going to follow through. I washed and dried most of the dishes, I was doing my stir-fry pan when he reappeared and offered to do the rest. There were three things left, including the thing I was washing. He suddenly had to go to the washroom.  So, not much help then.  Obviously, if he’s sick, he shouldn’t be doing the dishes, but if he felt that bad he shouldn’t have offered at all.

He had suggested going out earlier but decided not to go. Since he felt dizzy, it was a good idea to stay in.  I came upstairs and watched the end of Bake-Off, Lucifer and then I went downstairs and did up the plastic garbage.  I took a shower after that.

Upstairs again, I watched The Good Wife and something else on TV. No big deal.

I’ve nearly decided that I’m going to go downtown tomorrow and see if I can get my hair cut. The weather should be mostly clear, and I really am feeling the need.  


Come back later if you will and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: