July 19, 2019

Friday - Cloudy and humid

F had taken today off work, so when morning came, he didn’t want to get out of bed, so he didn’t. I was up before him if you can believe that!  I got up before 10 am, he was still in bed around 11:30 I think.

For lunch, I suggested a new place for us. One of the concerts at the Aquarium was by a lady who has a new restaurant in Tsuruoka. She’s one of the band members. I suggested to F that we go there. He liked the idea and off we went. 

We found the restaurant, but their parking was a bit more difficult. Still, that done we walked to the restaurant. We were seated after a little delay.  I ended up having a bacon steak, and F had steak-steak. I didn’t expect him to have steak or a big one at that, but he did and seemed to enjoy it.  We even splurged for dessert and coffee. 

We went back to the house for a while. F worked on his community stuff and I scanned a few cards.  Around 3, F announced that he was done and that he wanted to go to the movie theatre.  Okay then!

We bundled into the car and drove to Machi-ne Kinema.  We got our tickets and then went to see The Bookshop.  It was okay. I think there were a few missed opportunities in the screenplay, but I enjoyed it overall.

After the movie, F and I picked up a nice hot bento for K from a shop nearish the theatre.  We dropped it off and then we went to find our dinner. We tried to find a local restaurant and then did, but it wasn’t open.  We went back to our original plan for a fish restaurant.

We had dinner at Okazaki tonight and it was busy.  F and I got into a bit of a spat tonight about where to put my shoes of all things.  The restaurant has just started putting labels in the shoe room and we are supposed to put our shoes in the section that relates to where we will be sitting.  I didn’t know that. F got rude and then upset when I called him off on it.

We had a decent meal there, although F’s food was on the table long before mine was. He had a seafood medley on rice, I had grilled fish. It was all good, but mine was a bit small.

We went over to Starbucks for frappuccino’s and wifi. I tried the new peach one and loved it.  It was a bit too sweet for me though.  F suggested going to karaoke during our drink, but it was late and I knew that F didn’t want to go at all.  

We came back to the house and watched another episode of The Good Doctor from the DVR. Yay us.

I watched a couple of other things later after I took my shower.  

F hasn’t been feeling well today. I’ve been a bit worried about him as he’s always in pain. He isn’t supposed to eat steak, but he did.  Crazy man!

I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I only hope that we both enjoy it. Until tomorrow….


No comments: