July 20, 2019

Saturday - Overcast with showers, humid

F and I had a fairly laidback and relaxed morning today. I got up around 10 I think, and I even had breakfast. That was nice.  

F made his mother brunch and then the two of us went out for lunch. We went to a lunch restaurant that we’ve gone to a few times. We had to go there because F went for lunch during his workweek a few days ago. When he tried to pay, they didn’t have enough change to give him, so they told him to come back later to pay. He was busy most of the other days, and last weekend we were away, so today was the day.  We both had the nigiri lunch today, basically sushi.  It wasn’t too expensive, but it was good.  

During lunch, F got a call to say that my new glasses were ready so after lunch, we went to pick them up.  They are lovely! They are really, really light, I hardly know that I am wearing them. If they didn’t have frames I wouldn’t know!

We went to S-Mall for some coffee and a trip to the hundred yen shop. I got a few things for the house and me, as did F.  We went to Doutors for the wifi and also the drink.  They got our order wrong and as we were walking away, they changed it. Personally, I think it was worse, but whatever!

F wanted to go and get a pen-pal of his a gift, so we went to the shopping area of Tsuruoka, only to find that there was a festival on and we couldn’t get the car near it.  We were a bit sneaky and drove to the cinema and parked there.  We didn’t take very long, so I don’t think we were hurting anyone else.  F got some gifts, then we went to the grocery store for more stuff and a bento for his mother.

We delivered the bento and went out for our dinner. F asked me if I’d like to go to our favourite place in Mikawa and I said sure.  F called them to see if it was okay to show up and they said it was. We drove out to the restaurant and had a lovely meal.  F had roast duck and I had steak. We were both pleased with our meals, although F made me take some of his meat.

On the way back into Tsuruoka, F asked if I’d like to go to Karaoke and I would.  I’d been asking about going all weekend.  The first place we tried had no parking available, but the second place seemed rather empty.  We got in right away and spent the next 3 hours or so singing! Tonight I challenged myself to sing only Canadian singer’s works and I almost managed. I picked a group that wasn’t Canadian, but it is okay. My rules.

We came back to the house and F went to bed almost right away. He’s really tired and had a headache for much of the day.  Tomorrow he has to do his community service bit. He’s been avoiding it all weekend. I knew that, but I really wanted to go to karaoke!

Come back later if you like and see what we get up to on Sunday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: