August 10, 2019

Saturday - Thunderstorms in the AM, hot and sunny later on.

I woke up around 7 this morning, made a quick trip downstairs, then went back to bed and fell asleep again.  I woke up a couple more times as I had set my alarm.  F was a little late getting back, I think he arrived around 9:30 or so.  He wasn’t feeling well so came to bed for a nap for a while.
I got up around 10:30 or so. I had some breakfast and gave K a little something for breakfast too. Yay me.

I went back to sleep for a while. F wanted to go out around 2 pm. I said fine, got all dressed to go and then he threw a tantrum and only went to the grocery store to get food for his mother. Fine! He was really being an ass.  

Around 5 we did go out and got his mother a bento for tonight. When we came back to deliver it, I told F that I needed the washroom and would run upstairs and get something for the car (one of my new CD sets so I could put it in the car’s memory).  I did my stuff, grabbed the CDs and came down and waited for F. He was in the washroom for more than 15 minutes. I know he wasn’t feeling well, but I had a sneaking suspicion he was watching videos on his phone since that is what he does these days. 

Finally, we got on the way to Mikawa. When we arrived, we bought our movie tickets and then F just left me so that he could go and get some udon. Since that would make me sick, I decided to go downstairs.  The pasta place didn’t look fast tonight, so I went to Doutor for a sandwich. They weren’t busy when I came in, but right after me 2 women came in and ordered sandwiches. Then a few more people, etc. I waited at the counter for a while, but the woman said to sit down. Meanwhile, I am getting nervous about the length of time it is taking to make a sandwich. The time of my order on my receipt was 6:19 and it was delivered at 6:35.  The best part?  The two women who came in after me were given their sandwiches first.  When the woman brought my sandwich over she was apologetic, but I wasn’t having it.  I wolfed down my sandwich and then left the store to meet F. He was waiting in front of the cinema. I had the tickets!

We went to see The Lion King. They were playing a couple of shows in English at the cinema, and that was very much appreciated by me. I loved the way this new version looked, but it still isn’t one of my favourite Disney films.

After the movie, we came back to Tsuruoka and since we were both rather peckish, we stopped in at Kula Sushi.  I had a little sushi and too many fries and onion rings.  

We came back to the house. I took a shower almost immediately and F watched the news he said. He was in bed when I came back, and has been there ever since. 

I’m not sure what if anything we’ll get up to tomorrow. F never plans anything for our long weekends. I did suggest going to look at the waterfalls tomorrow night, but I won’t hold my breath!


Come back later if you have the need and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: