August 11, 2019

Sunday - Hot and humid and sunny

A day that should have been better than it was. This morning we both slept in.  We hadn’t made many plans so it didn’t really matter to me.  F did get up and went down around noon to make his mother’s lunch, I was up for a while to check my web groups.  No biggie.  Finally, he started talking about going for lunch after 1:00.  I remembered yesterday’s gong show about lunch, so decided that I’d better go. I got properly dressed and went out with F.

We drove to one restaurant, closed. The second restaurant, closed…we probably just missed their last order time.  At that, I gave up. F suggested another place that I had seen earlier and I said it was fine. The only problem with that place is that it isn’t great for F.  We went, got a counter seat and had a pretty nice lunch. F had roast beef and I had a steak donburi. Very good.

After lunch, we did a little shopping in a hardware store. We bought a case of K’s favourite beverage, and a couple of things for me. We stopped in to Komeda Coffee for a drink as I was parched, and of course stayed for around an hour and a half. I was done after 45 minutes. Sigh. 

We bought bentos for all of us at the grocery shop nearby. There was nothing I really wanted to eat so I grabbed a salad and some chicken. It wasn’t great. F and K seemed happier with their meals, and I think K was happy to have a bit of company for dinner.

After I cleaned up the bento boxes, F and I went out again. We drove to Sakata to Tamasudare Falls.  They are the highest falls in our prefecture and are being lit up for Obon.  I didn’t know that it would take more than an hour to get to them, but F didn’t seem to mind.  He drove very fast on the side roads and we made good time.



It was busy tonight and we couldn’t park in the parking lot, we had to park on the road. We also had to pay to go in, we’ve never had to do that before. We didn’t mind, just it was a new thing.

We walked to the Falls and saw the waterfall. It is quite impressive when you hear it and see it.  The spray seems to leave an imprint on the air nearby. We took a few pictures and then left. 

We stopped in Sakata and went to McDonalds for a bit of ice cream. It was quite nice and the wifi worked there too.

We came back to the house and came upstairs. I’ve been in a bit of pain from my hip, hopefully I’ll get over it soon.

All day I’ve felt like F and I were on the verge of an argument.  He’s been getting angry at things that I say and I’m taking some of what he says rather hard too. And there’s the whole thing where he has an earphone glued to his ear and he can’t be bothered to listen to me at all.  What is the point of being together if you will watch YouTube videos all the time? 


Anyway I have no idea what tomorrow will bring.  Please come back later and find out. Until tomorrow…

No comments: