August 9, 2019

Friday - Hot, sunny and muggy

I woke up this morning as F was getting ready for work. I was glad to see him, but a bit sorry that he didn’t have time to give me a proper goodbye.  He left, I snoozed and then got up a bit later. I watched some news and then my morning show.

Today I played a bit of catch-up on my TV shows. I fell a bit behind this week, so wanted to watch a few shows today. 

F called me a bit before 2 and said that he was going to take some time off today. If I wanted to go out, we could go and have some coffee.  I wanted! True to his word, he showed up around 3 pm and we went to Komeda coffee.  We both had iced coffee and used the wifi for a while. 

Around 4:30 we left and came back to the house. F got ready for his party and told his mother again that he was going out and would be out overnight.  He left.

F had very nicely ordered a meal for us tonight and it would be delivered to us around 5:30.  I left the money for it near the door so that if they came, K could just pay for it, or I could if I got there first.  A bit before six pm, K started calling me downstairs.  Dinner had arrived. Now, instead of giving me the change or even leaving it on the counter…she pocketed it.  I had to ask for it back. It was a thousand yen, not a huge sum, but more than I was willing to give up.  She did give it to me. 

We had a nice meal. I had to do a lot of running around at the start of the meal. There are always so many little plates in a Japanese meal, and K’s meal used a bunch of them.  I had a chicken cutlet that was lovely, but K had tempura and soba and we both had sushi in our meal boxes.  There was chawanmushi too, plus soup.  I had to boil the water for the soup, get spoons, get three dishes for K’s sauces, and one for me. And then drinks! It was fine really. We had a good meal. K was watching baseball, which I really hate, but it was her TV.

After dinner, I washed and dried all of the dishes and took the delivery boxes out to the front porch. Then, K made me bring them back in.  Whatever. I think she’s going to put them out tomorrow. At least I hope she will.

I watched a bit of TV tonight. I got to watch The Big Bang Theory live but also watched a couple of other things off the DVR. I even just watched Luther with Idris Elba.  He’s pretty cool.  F phoned around 2 to see how I was. I think he was lonely.  He had gone out to get some food.  I told him about our freezer in our fridge.  The seal isn’t holding and it isn’t closing properly.  I’m worried that we might have to toss a lot of things tomorrow. I think I got it to close better and the ice in the top hadn’t melted very much, so I think lower things should be okay.  There isn’t a lot of important things in there anyway.

When I watched Luther tonight I did a bit of crochet. I had planned to do that earlier, but it didn’t happen.  I got a little bit down on my doily and I started another dishcloth.  I only did 3 rows so I’m not sure how it is going to go.

That’s about it for me for tonight. I am getting quite tired and I have a sneaking suspicion that F will come back around 5 or something tomorrow morning. I hope he’s a bit later than that.  


Come back later if you like to check out the rest of my weekend. Until tomorrow….

No comments: