August 12, 2019

Monday - Hot, muggy and hot

Today didn’t begin well. It didn’t middle well. It ended okay but was rather a horrible day all told.

We slept in this morning. I got up around 10 am and grabbed breakfast for myself. If I don’t have my yogurt and cereal I feel like something is missing in my life.  When F woke up this morning he noticed that a lens had fallen out of his glasses. He needs his glasses to see and to read, so they are quite important. He wanted to go and get them fixed. He asked if I wanted to go and I didn’t really. I turned him down at first, and then said I’d go. 

We drove to the glasses place, they fixed his glasses and cleaned mine…they also replaced the nose pads on mine…that was cool.  When we left, F asked me what I’d like to eat. Since I’d just had breakfast I wasn’t too hungry, so turned the question on him.  He said he wanted yakiniku.  Now, I LOVE yakiniku, but these days F has trouble eating meat. It kills his stomach and he’s in pain for days. I told him in all honesty that he should stop saying he wants yakiniku because one day I will say yes.  Then he started whining that he really did want it. Okay…not happening.  His next suggestions were gyudon (bleck) and the restaurants in the local souvenir/tourist trap (ugh).  I didn’t want to go to any of those and said so. We ended up getting his mother a nice bento and taking it back to her. Since I didn’t want to go out, F took himself off to bed again. He got up later and had some ramen. More sleep.

He left the room a while later and was sitting in the hallway on the steps. Apparently, the air conditioning was uncomfortable for him.  Not having AC on was uncomfortable for me. 

I tried to suggest a nice place before 2 pm for lunch, but he wouldn’t listen to it.  Around 3 I remembered that his favourite sushi place was open all day, so suggested it. Plus, being sushi, we could eat as much or as little as we liked.  He seemed to like that idea, but whined about not wanting to eat fish today??

We start driving and he started whining again. I suggested he pull the car over and let me out. I honestly wish that he had done that. He drove us, not to the good sushi shop, but to the tourist trap place. It was wall to wall cars and busses and was packed of course.  He finds a spot to park and then gets out of the car and races into the building. He checks out all of the places to eat and settles on the bad cheaper one at the back. We go in and get seated. F orders for himself and even though I told him what I was having wouldn’t order for me…this from the man who always orders for me when I don’t want him to. We ignore each other. Our food comes and it isn’t terrible, but it isn’t great either. 

We leave and F makes a beeline for the washroom. I use the ladies and since I don’t see him outside, assume that he’s left the building. I walk to the car. No F.  I hang around. No F. I go back to the building, walk around a little in the cool. No F. I go back to the car. No F. I text him. No answer. Back in the building. Back to the car. I finally phoned him and he was still in the washroom. He said he wasn’t well. I said I was sorry to hear that, but I could catch a bus in 10 minutes, should I? He said he thought he might be okay by then. So, I waited. I went back inside as it was much too hot for me then. It might sound mean to say this, but I have a sneaking suspicion someone was in the toilet watching YouTube videos. That’s the kind of thing he is doing lately. 

He came out and we walked back to the car. I assumed that we were going back to the house, but he asked me if I’d like to have a drink. I said I would as I was really thirsty. We drove by Komeda Coffee, but the parking area was full and he kept on going. He just started driving so I reminded him about an old-style coffee shop we’ve gone to a couple of times. We went there instead and it was great! We were the only customers. We had kakigori again, mine was coffee and milk flavoured and F had an azuki bean and milk flavoured one. They were great. The shop was playing older music from the ’60s and ’70s and even '80s so I was enjoying myself. I don’t know when I’ve heard Tom Jones and The Village People in the same set, but it worked.

We were almost friendly again by the time we left the shop.  We got a bento for K at a grocery store and delivered it. F asked if I’d like to go to the onsen and I said it was okay. Later he changed his mind to the Internet Cafe and that was okay too. We ended up doing both!

F went to the onsen first. He had his bath, and I stayed in the lobby and read a little and used my phone a bit. It was really busy at the onsen tonight.  Just before we left, I used the washroom and when I came out into the sink area, there was a wallet on the floor.  I left it where it was until I washed my hands, thinking someone would come back for it. Since no one was around and I didn’t know what else to do, I picked it up and took it to the front desk.  I tried to explain to the man at the desk that I found it in the women’s washroom.  I went over to F and told him about it. Just then, the man made an announcement about the wallet, so hopefully it was reunited with its owner. 

We drove over to the Internet Cafe. It looked fairly busy, but we were able to get massaging chairs. Yay. I spent a pleasant 3 hours watching TV, crocheting, and watching YouTube. I had my dinner there, a chicken donburi and some flavoured fries. It was good if not very healthy.

We came back to the house when our time was up. I watched a little TV and later prepared the plastic garbage for going out. That’s about it.  

So, it wasn’t a good long weekend. We had no plans and as usual when that is the case, it sucks. F never thinks to make plans and sometimes my brain just hurts too much to have to plan things out to keep my husband happy. Next month we have two long weekends. One is our anniversary weekend so I should be around, I’m thinking I might plan something for myself for the second weekend!  I deserve it!


Anyway, come back later if you like and see how Tuesday goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: