August 13, 2019

Tuesday - Hot and sunny

I got up this morning when my alarm rang. F was long gone. I watched the news and then got dressed. I got a basket of laundry ready, watched my show and then went downstairs and started the laundry. I also grabbed my breakfast to bring upstairs.  I ended up doing two loads of laundry today, plus catching up on some email and other things.  

I gave K some drink a couple of times today and chatted a little with her. She offered me some dadacha-mame, but I didn’t want any then, nor did I want any watermelon. I’m not a fan. 

I didn’t use the air conditioner in the room until lunchtime. It was hot, and I realized that my part of the room is REALLY hot!  Well, it is a couple of degrees hotter than the other half of the room.  

I had a quiet afternoon. I tried to bring some semblance of order to the kitchen. After a long weekend, and a gifting of produce from the farmer relatives, the kitchen is always in a huge mess.  I am not sure why I have to be the one to clean it up though. I made some fresh tea, probably for tomorrow’s dinner.

F came back to the house around 5:45 and we had a friendly reunion.  We hadn’t bought groceries for dinner yesterday, so had a discussion on where to go for dinner tonight. We finally decided on Coco Ichibanya.  We got changed and then the three of us piled in the car.

We had a nice dinner at the Curry place.  I had the spicy Indian style curry, F had curry with tonkatsu, and K had curry with eggplant and pork.  I think we were all quite pleased with our meals.

We brought K back to the house and then F and I went off to the onsen. F took a bath and I sat in the lobby, used my phone for a bit and then read some of my book. F came out after an hour and sat and used the lobby’s wifi too.  

We drove back into Tsuruoka and it was a little strange. F asked me if I wanted to go to the usual grocery store or the other store that I had never heard of! I thought at first he was saying Walmart, but he wasn’t.  He’d had a brain freeze and was remembering the old name for what is now MaxValu. I’ve lived in Tsuruoka for about 22 years and I’ve never heard the name he used. I wonder what happened with that!

We bought groceries and had a bit of a spat as always. I ask for his input and then he doesn’t give it to me. We also had a bit of a money crunch as F didn’t have too much. I only bought essentials though, so that helped. Almost essentials anyway. I do find packing our groceries to be so stressful. Both of us have our own way of doing things and we rarely agree on anything.  I packed one way and then was going to close the zipper a little.  F told me that if I wanted to close it I’d have to move the stuff inside. I knew that,  I just wanted to close it a bit.  

We came back to the house and I took a headache pill as I had a headache. Then I took a shower, came upstairs and watched a bit of TV. Yay me. 

It’s been an odd night. F and I are okay now, he’s off trying to sleep.  I’m up, but am planning to get to bed soon.  

I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I’ve planned to make dinner tomorrow so I hope it’ll go well. It’s a simple one, but should be nice I hope. It’ll likely still be too hot, so I’ll probably roast in the kitchen. Poor me.  

Come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: