August 14, 2019

Wednesday - Hot and sunny

I got up this morning when my alarm started going off. It was a good thing I think.  I watched the news and then my show.  I did do a load of laundry too, no big deal! 

Today I had a list of things that I wanted to do, for those moments in time when I knew I wouldn’t remember what I should be doing.  I did a couple of them, so that was good. I know it is silly, but I put up a bit of a curtain barrier in front of where I sit. The window in summer is really bright, I often feel that I’m getting a suntan from it, so I put up a curtain bar I’d bought for something else and doubled a shower curtain over it.  It doesn’t block all of the light of course, but it does make it less intense for me. Yay.

I also went through some of my wardrobe. I grabbed a bunch of shirts that I don’t wear much any more and tried them on. For most of them, there is a reason I don’t wear them much. They don’t fit, or the fabric is odd or…mostly they don’t fit.  I put some of the ones I like in a box, if I ever lose a bit of weight again, I might want to try them out again.  And, I looked at my suit for work. The pants are a bit tight. Sigh. I really need to start walking again. Unfortunately, it is just too hot right now. Come on cool weather!

F texted me to say that he was taking tomorrow off and that he wanted to go to the onsen after work. Did I mind?  Nope.  I thought it was a good idea. It was a different onsen than the one we go to anyway.

When F still hadn’t returned by 7 pm, I went downstairs to start dinner.  I got things set up and just as I was wondering whether to start cooking or not, he phoned to say he was coming back.  

I got into cooking mode, and baked some chicken, microwaved some vegetables and prepared the miso soup so I just needed to add water.  F was supposed to do the rice since it is his job, and I prefer not to eat any.  

F arrived, collapsed on the living room floor and basically refused to cook the rice. I decided not to do it either. I don’t want to set a precedent and as I said already, I don’t like it. 

Dinner was okay. K brought out her dadacha-mame and didn’t half get in my way in the kitchen while she did it.  I’m sure that in her mind I got in her way…fair enough! It is her kitchen.  Of course, because F was “exhausted” I got to do the dishes. K gifted me a few from her edamame too. Oh yay.

After I washed and dried all the dishes I went upstairs. F was snoozing but roused himself to talk to me. We’d talked about going out, I just wanted to get out of the house and suggested a Starbucks run.  He eventually got up and we went off.

Going there was fine and of course there was the usual “I’m watching YouTube videos so I can’t possibly bother talking to you” thing again. I had an iced coffee today and it was rather nice.  F had his usual frappuccino. We did get free samples today so that was cool. We got to try their doughnuts and also a bit of their nitro brewed coffee. 

When we left, I asked what F wanted to do tomorrow. He didn’t know and wanted me to tell him. Okay then. I suggested going by one of his doctor’s offices to see if they were open tomorrow. We drove over to one and he was going to drive right by it until I said that we were there. He drove right up to the door and read the sign on the door. Closed tomorrow.  Then, he started getting ready to go. He wasn’t looking at the door, but started to move forward towards it. I yelled at him because I was worried that he’d hit the damn door.  I know now that he was probably checking behind him to see if it was okay to back up, but it was kind of scary at the time.  On the way back to his house I was regaled with tales of how stupid I am and how I should be quiet in the car and not talk to him.  How the fact that the car is small means that it seems faster than it is (maybe true, but if the speedometer says you’re going 80 and rising in a 40 zone, you. are. in. fact. speeding.) When we got back to the house he started to explain that he was moving forward so that he could change the angle to back up the car for parking.  Which I knew. 

I got out of the car and he sped off somewhere. I didn’t care where. 

I came in, upstairs and watched Grey’s Anatomy. It was a good one today, all about Jo. He came back in the middle. There was great slurping of noodles and a bit of beer drinking I think.  Now he’s sleeping on the bed, but not very well. He wouldn’t talk to me earlier when I asked him a question, so I don’t really care what he is doing. 

I did up the garbage for tomorrow. Usually he takes it out on his way to work, but it sounds like I’ll have to do it tomorrow.  Oh well. 

Why does he take time off if he’s just going to be a jerk about it?  He gets a certain amount of time off in summer and it would have been nice to get away together for a night or two, but he’s wasted quite a few days in my opinion. And not to have any plans?  Why should I make plans for him?  I have my things that need doing!

Anyway, that’s about it for me. There’s a whole lot more that I could write about the driving thing, but I’d really rather not.  This is a horrid season for him, he doesn’t take care of himself and then he gets sick and mean and really annoying!


I’ll most likely be here tomorrow with all the news.  Come back later and find out how Thursday went. Until tomorrow….

No comments: