September 13, 2019

Friday - Sunny and a little warmer

I woke up on time this morning and was surprised to see a big quilt on F’s space. He must have been cold in the night and put it on his side of the bed. I thought it was chilly, but did fall asleep anyway.

I had a quiet morning. I did a couple of loads of laundry and also noticed that my delivery had not been delivered. It came early and I hadn’t opened the window so I didn’t hear the truck stop outside or the doorbell.  I called the company and arranged a re-delivery.

I watched a little bit of TV and also spent a lot of time with the TV off. I YouTubed a bit and then had my lunch. 

After the news, I went downstairs and did my dishes. I thought I’d hear from F but didn’t. I came upstairs for a bit, but around 6:30 I decided to go downstairs and prep for dinner. I just had to reheat the stew, but I also wanted to make a new version of the eggplant and mushroom stirfry. 

I was cutting up the veggies and almost warming up the stew when F walked in the door. He seemed surprised to see me, and I was surprised that he didn’t call me.  He thought I was going out with my friend tonight, despite me telling him that she was going to drop off some books for me at the house.  Oh dear.  

I continued my prep, I even made up a sauce mixture of ginger, oyster sauce and soy sauce for the eggplant & mushroom mix.  I started to set the table and then I began to cook everything.  

Dinner did come together fairly well and the eggplant with mushrooms and nira (garlic chives) was very nice. The sauce worked very well. Hurray for that. I had to eat very fast because I knew my friend would come at any moment.  I finished my dinner, washed my hands, rinsed my mouth, and then ran upstairs to get my notebook and a pen.  Of course, she came while I was upstairs, so F had to answer the door. She dropped off the books and was off again.  No big deal.

F and I did the dishes, he washed them and I dried them. He did them in his own weird fashion and I held my tongue about his methods. There may have been eye-rolling though.  

We went upstairs for a bit and then decided to go out for a snack and a drink.  We ended up going to McDonald. I had a MacFlurry and F had a pie.  They were fine, no big deal.  We relaxed for a bit, but when we heard the “get-out” song for the umpteenth time, we left.  

We came back to the house were F went to bed and I took a shower. I’m still up but hope to go to bed soon.  

I’m not sure if I will blog tomorrow night or not. It’s one of our two anniversary days and I might have an early day on Sunday. If I can post I will, if not, don’t worry. I’ll be back later!

Come back soon and see what happens to me. Until tomorrow….

No comments: