September 15, 2019

Sunday - Warm and sunny

We were supposed to get up early and go and meet a friend and her husband to go fishing. However, we both stayed up far too late last night and slept in this morning. Additionally, F’s stomach was still giving him problems so he just didn’t feel like going too far today. I let my friend know, and apologized for not being able to meet up. She called me and we talked a bit better, so that was really nice.

We had a very long lie-in today. I got up for a while around 11 am but then went back for a nap. F got up to check on his mother who was up and dressed long before us! He came back for a snooze too.

Around 2:30 we finally got dressed and went out for lunch. I persuaded F to go to Cocos and we had a nice lunch there. I had their roast chicken with salad and soup and drink bar, he had a fish donburi that was quite good.  We had a few drinks at the drink bar too.

As we finished up I asked F what he wanted to do and he suggested going to the beach. I was thrilled.  I haven’t been for ages.  

We drove out to Yunohama and parked.  I took off my socks, luckily I’d been wearing sandals, and then we walked to the water’s edge.  I ended up rolling up my pant legs and walking in the shallow water.  If I’d had my swimsuit on, I’d probably have been all in the water. It was fairly warm and I didn’t see any jellyfish!





We had to come back to the car eventually and I cleaned off my feet and put my sandals back on.  I cleaned them too of course. 

We drove to the little cafe/farmer’s shop nearby and had some gelato. F had two flavours that I wouldn’t or couldn’t -tomato and banana, I had coffee and dadacha-mame (Tsuruoka’s edamame). Very nice.

We grabbed drinks at the nearby conbini and then drove back to Tsuruoka. Neither of us was hungry, so we got K a bento and then came back to the house. We spent a bit of time together in the room, I think I might have napped a bit.

Around 8:30 I suggested going to MaxValu to pick up some food from their deli for our dinner. We still weren’t starving, but really should eat something. 

We drove off to the grocery store and found a few nice things. I got a packet of sandwiches and some eggplant with meat inside-I love those things. F got some sashimi and we also picked up a sweet bread thing to share at the end. 

We came back to the house and had a little picnic in our room.  I had some of the sashimi and F had some of my eggplant things so we were happy. The sweet bread was very nice and not too sweet.

After that, F took a shower and I watched one of the dramas on the DVR. I took a shower too and we’ve been winding down. I think F is asleep, and I should really get to bed soon. 

I feel a little like I’m fending off a cold at the moment. My nose is running a little and plugged up too. I can’t get sick as I have to teach 4 classes on Tuesday. Wish me luck with that!


Come back later if you like and see what happens on Monday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: