September 17, 2019

Tuesday - Hot and Sunny

I had a good day really. I got up on time, watched some news and then my morning drama, then I spent some time checking over my classes and catching up with email and various web things I had to do.

I had an early lunch and cleaned up afterwards. Around 1:45 I did normal things like brush my teeth and get dressed. The taxi came at 2:25 or so and off we went.  

I can’t discuss my classes in detail for privacy reasons, but they seemed to go rather well. I enjoyed the students and they seemed to enjoy me!

The teaching stuff took up most of the day. I had classes from mid-afternoon until 9:00pm.  When I finished I texted F to see if he’d come and get me.  No answer. This was a bit of a big deal as the building where I was shuts at 9:00pm.  I went outside and called him a few minutes later as they closed the building. He had finished work but was at the house. He promised to come right away. I suppose that he did, but I was waiting on the street for 15 to 20 minutes and I didn’t really like it!

We went to Gusto for dinner tonight. I enjoyed it, F, who knows.  I did offer another place, but when he sailed past both places I suggested, I got a bit shirty and made him go to Gusto! I had a bulgogi pizza and fries, F had a noodle dish that was supposed to be from Otaru, my old home.  I liked mine and shared both pizza and fries with F. We had coupons for the fries and the drink bar so it wasn’t terribly expensive I think.

We came straight back to the house and had a bit of a relaxing evening. I double-checked all of my paperwork and that the books were ready to go back to my friend.  They were so heavy to carry around today! Yikes. Glad I don’t have to do that too often. F took a shower and then went to bed. He was very tired as he’d had to work very late tonight.

So that was my big day as a working woman. It’s been a long time. I enjoyed it, but I’m not sure that I want to do it too often. I loved teaching, but in Japan, it is more of a job than a career, although some people manage to make it one of those. I never did. 

Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow. I might do Postcrossing or laundry or nothing! Come back later and see. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Rosa said...

Happy anniversary to you and F! Sounds like you had a nice anniversary weekend.

How is it to teach again? Are you going to do more of it? I think it must be fun to do from time to time, but it can get to be pretty tedious to do all the time, don't you think?

Helen said...

Thank you! We did have a great weekend, it made a nice change :-)

I really enjoyed teaching again, but I'm not sure that I'll do more of it. I was just filling in for a friend who took a longer weekend than usual. I do enjoy filling in, especially once in a while, but I wouldn't want to do it too often. My husband and MIL seem to think that I don't need time to prepare for classes, but I really do. I can't just go into a classroom and "English" at them! I had to go and spend time and money on my anniversary weekend to prepare, I wouldn't want to do that all the time.

Thanks for visiting today and leaving a comment! I've been reading your blog, just haven't had time to comment in a while. Sorry about that.