September 18, 2019

Wednesday - Muggy and cool, rain at night

I got up a bit late this morning because I woke up when F’s alarm went off this morning. He was already up and had forgotten to turn it off. I watched the British News and also my morning drama.  When it finished I got my breakfast and ate that rather quickly.  

I knew that my friend was arriving back in Tsuruoka this morning and had to come to pick up the textbooks I used in classes yesterday. I kept an eye out for her, and when it was around the time she was to come here, waited for her downstairs.  She came and we had a little chat about the classes and how things went.  She took the very heavy bag away from me and off she went.

I went back upstairs and discovered that The Mummy Returns was on WOWOW and I ended up watching that. It was a lot of fun, except they didn’t subtitle the Egyptian in English, just Japanese.  I had to try and remember what was going on.  It was a fun movie, not as great as the first, but for a movie with a small child in it, not bad at all.

I had lunch after a 10-minute nap. I put my head down for 5 minutes. I didn’t sleep, but I reset my timer and did it again.  

I hardly saw K today at all.  I think she might be fighting off a cold today too. Bleck.  I hope she’s okay.

The PBS News on NHK had a brief tribute to Cokie Roberts, the news broadcaster who just died. It was quite good and I felt quite sad that she’s gone. I really liked her wit on the various news shows she appeared on. 

F called around 5:45.  He wanted me to cook dinner so I said I would. I went downstairs and started cooking just after 6.  I did pasta with a lemon and olive (oil) sauce that I added a can of salmon to, a spicy cabbage stirfry and some grilled asparagus. I was alone in the kitchen for all of the prep work, and as usual, no-one helped set the table. I brought plates out and F said, “Oh, I could have brought those out.” I agreed with him.  It is so annoying that I’m feeding two people who just sit back and let me do it. 

We did have a nice dinner and everything disappeared!  I had a little mishap though, I was giving K more pasta when a strand and a big piece of salmon fell in her drink.  She said it was okay, but I took the glass off to the kitchen and got her a fresh one.  I’m a bit accident-prone around her, I’m not sure why!

After dinner, I cleared the table and as usual, F made a bee-line for the toilet. I washed and dried all of the dishes, with the exception of the last pan. F came into the kitchen and washed it and put it in the drainer. 

To say that I was annoyed with him was an understatement. He makes such a big deal of how he has to wash the dishes because I don’t rinse them, then he buggers off and does nothing to help. 

After I cleaned up the kitchen I went upstairs where he asked me if I’d go to the onsen with him. I said no. I was going to completely shut myself in my part of the room, but then I remembered that I needed some groceries! I told him I wouldn’t go to the onsen, but I needed shopping. We had a slight discussion on whether to go to the onsen first or not (of course go!). Off he went.

I stayed upstairs and watched NCIS: LA and did some crochet. I would have done the crochet at the onsen, so yay me. I wouldn’t have been able to watch NCIS though.

F came back just after 10 and we left almost immediately for the grocery store. I picked up a few things. I was still quite angry with F, but he wasn’t feeling well. He was complaining about dizziness again. Sigh. We took things a bit easier after that.

When we came out of the grocery store we were both surprised to see that it was raining.  We raced to the car and drove back to the house. I put away some of my groceries, the ones that F didn’t. I went upstairs, he didn’t.  I brought down my towel for my shower and remembered I had to put the garbage out, so sorted out the kitchen stuff. Yay me.

I showered and then went back upstairs. I suggested that F get his garbage together so he did and then I took the bag down later. He disappeared for about an hour, long enough for me to watch tonight’s Grey’s Anatomy. It was a good episode, many things happened, so the season must be ending soon.

When F did come back up I went over and we had a bonding/chatting session. It was very nice and about what we needed. He’s now sleeping a bit and I’m with you all here.

No idea what we’ll get up to tomorrow, but I’m not cooking. I don’t mind cooking, but to not get any help at all is making me feel more and more like an indentured servant.  When we had our apartment, F and I usually did the one person cooks and the other person does the cleanup thing. Here he does nothing and I have to do everything. No one helps set or clear the table at all. I wouldn’t mind if people would just bring things to the kitchen door and I could take them to the sink. I hate having to take off my slippers every 3 seconds. 

Anyway, that’s all you get from me for now. Come back later if you like and see what I get up to next. Until tomorrow….


No comments: