September 19, 2019

Thursday - Cooler and a bit muggy

I woke up this morning and looked up at the clock and was shocked. It was practically 10 o’clock. I had overslept!  I don’t know how or why, but I had slept through my alarms. I threw on a few clothes and went downstairs to use the washroom.  On the way out, I got waylaid by K. She wanted me to clean the windows in the door.  Okay…. I ran upstairs and put on proper clothes and then went and did her washing.  I thought I did an okay job, but I saw K outside washing part of the door later on…that I had already washed!

I really had a quiet day today. I was in shock about oversleeping so did things that I needed to do. I did hear the doorbell in the afternoon and K didn’t answer it so I ran down and got the door. It was F’s sister, checking on her mum.  Her mum was in the washroom so couldn’t open the door.  

I had a yummy lunch today. I had taken a couple of bagels out of the freezer and I had one today. It was amazing. 

F was a little late tonight, but nothing like he was on Tuesday. He phoned and asked about dinner. He wouldn’t suggest a restaurant so I told him I’d think about it and when he got here I presented him with a list of 5 places of various budgets and types. He picked one and that’s where we went.  It’s frickin’ simple, why doesn’t he do that with me? He keeps harping on how I never like the restaurants he picks. There is a reason for that. They are almost all the really crappy ones with horrible food or places that I have told him I’m not going again because of the above!

We went for udon and had a good meal. K and I had the same dish, udon with a tempura disk, F had simple udon.  I liked it and I think it was quite reasonable.

We dropped K off at the house and then F and I went to get groceries. I am going to cook tomorrow. I got some chicken and some veggies that I am going to make a stir-fry from.  I also got some cream cheese.  F told me that he’s taken off Tuesday and also next Friday. I’m not sure if I’m happy about that or not. We have NO plans and those kinds of weekends off don’t go well. Sigh. He also told me in the car that he has to work super-late tomorrow night. I was rather annoyed as I wouldn’t have bought things to make a nice dinner with, I would have gone simple. That means I basically have to cook for K and I and make a plate for him. Then, I’ll get stuck with the dishes again. Not happy about that.

F and I came back to the house and I suggested watching an episode of The Good Doctor as we haven’t watched any for a while. I watched and crocheted, F watched and listened to his phone. Boo!

I tried to get F off to bed and he did go for a bit, but has just woken up and is up again. He has to go to work early tomorrow and stay late. That doesn’t seem quite fair to me. 


Anyway, come back later if you like and see what I get up to on Friday. Until tomorrow….

No comments: