September 21, 2019

Saturday - Warm & sunny, rainy late evening

I slept in really late this morning. I was quite surprised. I had gone to bed late last night, but I managed to sleep through most of the alarms that I had set. F was up, but still in his pyjamas so I didn’t feel too bad about it. He ate something with his mother and then came back upstairs.

F and I went out for lunch. It was a bit late, a few minutes after 1:00pm.  If we were lucky, I thought we could make it to the place I had in mind before their last order.  But first…we had to go to the bank. And then we had to buy gas for the car. And then it was past 1:30.  I wanted to try a newish place near the station. We parked and walked over to it. We went upstairs but couldn’t see the entrance to the restaurant. There was no-one in the hotel lobby to ask either, so we left. I suggested looking at the izakayas in the station building. One had had lunch today, but we missed their last order. I finally suggested Foodever and we tried there.  I ended up at Yaku again and ordered gapao rice for myself, 30 seconds later, F came over and did the same! 

Lunch was good. I really enjoyed it and I think F did too.  After we ate, I had a little look-see through the souvenir part of the building and ended up buying a little something for my brother in law.

Next up I suggested getting a drink, so we walked back to the car and drove off. F wanted to try Starbucks but I told him that it would be crazy busy. I don’t know if the store was, but the parking lot was. There were cars trying to find places to park and enter into the drive-through so F just drove out. We ended up at Komeda coffee.

We had iced coffee (F) or iced tea (me) and the cake set, so it was rather nice. We spent a bit of time there, but around the hour-mark, we left.

We went over to MaxValu and picked up bentos for our dinner.  We were thinking to just get a bento for K, but I found some nice stuff for me, and F for him, so we decided to do that too.

We came back to the house, but F and I weren’t hungry yet and K was still okay, so decided to wait a while for dinner. F and I came upstairs and relaxed for a while. I got some of my computer stuff done for the day.

We ate around 6:30 and things were nice. We all had different bentos but I put out some spring rolls that I had bought today and the rest of my eggplant stirfry so we got that finished up too. Yum. F and I did the few dishes and then came upstairs again for a little.

We left for the cinema around 8:00pm. I told F that it was too early, but he didn’t listen!  We got there rather quickly, bought our tickets and then had to wait. He was all for buying our drinks and popcorn right away, but I made him wait. I didn’t want to eat it before the movie. 

We went to see Ad Astra and both of us really liked it. It was slow but quite enthralling. And, having Brad Pitt as the lead wasn’t a bad thing either.  I’m not in a hurry to see it again, but I really did enjoy it.

After the movie, we came back to the house and came upstairs. F said on the way that he was tired so I expected that he’d go to bed right away, but he’s still up doing his phone/YouTube thing. I can’t really talk as I’m doing my computer/blogging thing!

I’m not sure what we’ll get up to tomorrow. I’m hoping that we’ll have a bit of a lazy day in a way. We are expecting a typhoon in the next couple of days so need to keep an eye on the situation. 

If all goes well, I’ll be back tomorrow night with another scintillating report from my corner of the internet. Come back and read it if you like.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: