September 22, 2019

Sunday - Sunny then rainy

I slept in again today. I didn’t mind too much as it was Sunday and we had no plans for the day. I went downstairs and F was eating with his mother, so I wasn’t too worried about things. 

A little later he came upstairs and we talked about where to have lunch. I suggested Hyakkenbori, the restaurant on the lake in the University area, and that’s where we went. F doesn’t always like the place, but he’s nuts! He had today’s fish and liked it, I had chicken namban which became ochazuke with the addition of some tea later on. That was surprisingly nice. Every time I get sick of Japanese food, something reminds me that some of it is really good. Ochazuke is basically tea or soup poured on rice. It can have veggies or pickles in it too I think. I kept back some of my chicken, a lot of my rice and it was just yummy. I was very happy after I finished. F and I talked a little bit during the meal too, which made me happy. He didn’t spend the entire time on his phone. We discussed last night’s movie which lets you know how much we liked it!

After lunch, F went to get his hair cut, so he dropped me off at S-Mall. I did a little hacking around and picked up a few things at the hundred yen shop. I looked through other stores as well but didn’t get anything. F called me when he finished and we met at Doutors and had a nice beverage each. 

We picked up a bento for K. Neither of us felt like having dinner yet, so we went back to the house, gave K her food and then came upstairs. F had a rest on the bed, I did some computer stuff.

Around 7:30 we went out again. F did his patented, "You pick the place” bit to me, so I thought about it. Then he actually suggested a few places. One of his was sushi from the good place. I suggested sushi from one of the not so good places. It had recently been renovated and I wanted to see what was new.  We went to Kappa Sushi.

We had to wait a few minutes, but it was less than 5 I’m sure. We were seated at a table and had a bit of a surprise. It isn’t Keiten Sushi anymore, the sushi isn’t revolving now. We had to order it. On the other hand, that meant it was fresh and hadn’t been going around in circles for hours. We had a few plates of sushi and also some non-sushi dishes like french fries and chicken nankotsu. We both thought it was much better than it used to be, so we might go back again. Yay!

After Kappa, we came back to the house via the conbini. F went off across the road to check on the sign that was on my bus stop. I’d been worried that the red sign was saying that it was going to be taken away, but actually, it said that the schedule and the price were going to go up in October. They are raising the GST in October. Boo to that. Still, it is cheaper than a taxi, even if it isn’t as convenient. 

We came back to the house and relaxed a bit. F set up the bread maker for tomorrow and we both took showers. I watched a little TV, F watched stuff on his phone before trying to go to bed. 


There is likely going to be a typhoon go through here tomorrow and we’re probably going to stay fairly close to Tsuruoka. We might go to a laundromat or we might just stay in and eat the bread that F makes. Come back later and see what we get up to, or if we get blown away!  Until tomorrow….

No comments: