October 10, 2019

Thursday - Clear and sunny

I woke up this morning and got up too.  I had a quiet morning, except I actually used the heater. It was a tad cold this morning. I only had it on for a little while though. I did a couple of loads of laundry as well. I didn’t see K at all this morning, I think she might have been having a lie-in.  No worries.

I had a very quiet day. F phoned me while I was making my lunch and I told him what I was planning to make for dinner. He said it sounded good, and that he’d be on time.

I watched a few of my TV shows on my DVR today, I have a few more to watch tomorrow before the weekend.

I went downstairs around 4:30 to do my dishes and get a bit of a start on dinner. I was down there and cooking away when F phoned.  Of course, it was a horrible time. I’d just put some bacon in the pan and I had a wet packet to dispose of.  I talked to him and he seemed fine and happy to be on his way back to the house.

I kept cooking. Today I tried making twice-baked potatoes. I’d never had so many of the ingredients on hand before and I wanted to try it.  I baked the potatoes in the microwave and was doing all the other things to get dinner on the table.  I thought I heard F come back, but I didn’t see him.  I got things put in the oven and was about to start frying the main course when I decided to look for F.  I came upstairs and he was in bed!  What the heck?

He told me that he wasn’t feeling well, didn’t want dinner and that was it. I was a little irate. He’d spoken to me a few minutes before and sounded fine. 

I gave him another chance to come down for dinner, but he didn’t want to.  K and I had a nice dinner, but I think she was upset that F didn’t come.  We had our sautéed pork, salad and sea asparagus, plus the twice-baked potatoes.  Dinner was good, it is just too bad that F didn’t come for it.

I did the dishes, which thankfully wasn’t too bad as I had kept up as I worked in the kitchen.  I also listened to a couple of podcasts while I worked. That made the time go fairly quickly. I should remember to do that more often, especially when I get stuck in the kitchen!

I went upstairs and started to make myself comfortable.  F surprised me by asking if I’d like to go to the onsen. I said I would if I didn’t have to go IN the onsen!  We drove out and F went in. I found a seat in the lobby and did a little crochet while I listened to more of my podcast. 

After the onsen closed, we drove back into Tsuruoka. F got some gas for the car (seriously dude, the light was on!) and then we drove back to the house via a convenience store. I had suggested picking up a couple of drinks from the store rather than going to a coffee place.  We both got chocolate frappes.  They were rather nice.

At the house we had a quiet time. F went back to bed, I took a shower and watched a bit of TV. 

I’m not sure what’s going to go down tomorrow. I know that F was talking about going for a massage in the evening, but I’m not going to do that! 


Come back later if you like and see what I get up to on Friday.  Until tomorrow….

No comments: