October 15, 2019

Tuesday - Cloudy I guess?  I didn’t go out.

I slept in a bit this morning but did drag myself out of bed around 9 this morning. I watched the news and grabbed my breakfast too.  When I sat down at my computer to check my email, there wasn’t any. The reason?  There wasn’t any internet! Of course, there was the Internet somewhere, just not in the place I live! Hrumph. 

My first thought about the internet was that F had used up all of our bandwidth or whatever it is called since he had his computer playing videos all night. I sneaked into the living room to check that things hadn’t mysteriously been unplugged but they looked fine.

I texted F but there was no answer for a while.

I got a bit sleepy so I took a nap. It was cold, bed was warm, and there wasn’t any internet.  

When I got up, I got a call from F. He thought that maybe it was unplugged, but I said it wasn’t. I told him about my bandwidth theory but he said it wasn’t that. I thought maybe the clean up from the typhoon had knocked something out somewhere. Nope.  

A bit later, F came by and checked it. Then he called the company. Big oopsie.  Someone hadn’t been paying the bill!  When we changed providers, we assumed that they would take it out of the account, but it wasn’t set up for that. Oh dear.  F said that he’d try and pay it at a convenience store and they’d reconnect us again soon.  

Happily, in the afternoon, he was able to make a payment and they did connect us again. I had to go into the living room and unplug something, which was actually hard as 1) K keeps the room dark during the day and 2) there were a million cords and it was hard to pick the right one. Finally, I found it and got it unplugged and then I plugged it back in again. I checked my phone a couple of minutes later and it was back on. Hurray!!

I came upstairs and used the internet and got caught up for a while. Yay.  

F called about 5:30 to say he was on his way back, but I didn’t go down to cook dinner for a while. Sigh. I should have.

Tonight I was a little too ambitious and tried making stuffed zucchini cups.  I managed to make them fairly well, but the zucchini cups didn’t work as well as they should have. Despite cooking for more than 45 minutes, they were still quite hard. I also made a stir-fry of eggplant and mushrooms, and a bowl of couscous.  We had salad with it all.  

Dinner was a tad late, but I thought it was good. I had lots of meat left over so I cooked it separately. We ate. K was okay with the couscous, although I’m sure she didn’t love it. F doesn’t like it too much, I know from past experience.  

As usual, I got stuck with clearing the table and doing all the dishes. F came into the kitchen halfway through and put on this big show about having muscle cramps.  I know he wasn’t faking, but honestly, all he was doing was getting in my way. 

I got everything done, washed, dried and put away, and then I came upstairs.  F was on his bed, in the midst of more muscle cramps. I’m afraid I wasn’t the nicest person to him. I can’t do anything for him when he’s like this. 

After a while, he decided to take a bath in the house. I went downstairs with him and checked the bath. It was quite dirty. It hadn’t been used in a while and was in need of a freshening up.  I did that. I took the cover off and scrubbed a bit of the inside, I used some of the bath cleaner I have and got it looking usable.  

F took his bath and I came upstairs again. I did check on him a bit later and he was okay.

I watched some of my TV from tonight.  F went to bed but spent too much time on his computer again. He’s snoozing now.

Tomorrow I don’t know what is going to happen. I’d like to go out a bit in the daytime if the weather is okay. I haven’t been out today and I’m not too happy about that. I have to cook dinner tomorrow night too, but happily, it is an easier one.  I’ll have leftover couscous for dinner, F and K can have rice if they want. There’s also leftover stir-fry, so that’s good. 

Come back later if you like and see what we get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: