October 16, 2019

Wednesday - Sunny but cool

I got up fairly early this morning, which I am really happy about. I turned on the TV and watched the news “live” on the channel.  I sort of dozed afterwards, but I did get up and that’s a start.

I did a few loads of laundry today. K did some just before I did…she’s been sleeping in a bit lately. I don’t care, she’s an adult, but she does her laundry around the time I’ve been doing mine.  

I had a quiet day, found out that Yahoo Groups is going to change a bit. It is really surprising and since I’m a moderator on a group, not great news.

I went for an early lunch today and didn’t fix anything for K.  I think she’s got food and I never know if she’s glad of the stuff I give her, or just annoyed by it! 

F called me around 3 today to say that he was going to come back from work. He’d got word that a kind of distant relative had died and didn’t know if he had to help out or not.  He came back and sounded terrible. His voice is really raspy like he has a cold.  That could be part of what was up with him last night.

Although I had planned to cook dinner tonight, we went out. F wanted ramen and I didn’t, so we went to the place in Voice that serves ramen and curry. I had their special kabocha and mushroom meat curry and it was really good. The meat was chicken, but there wasn’t much of that! K had curry too, the cheapest one on the menu, and F had his ramen with gyoza and rice.  

After the meal, we dropped K at the house and then went to the drugstore to pick up a few things. I wanted F to get something for his throat. He did, plus we picked up a few other things. 

We came back to the house where I watched my NCIS: LA and then went downstairs to do the gomi run.  I took a long time to do it, but today I tossed quite a few outdated things from the fridge. Some of them were mine, so I can’t complain about K too much, but some of them weren’t!  After I finished, I took a shower and then came upstairs and watched New Amsterdam, which I enjoyed.

It was a surprisingly good day today. I didn’t expect F back early and I didn’t expect to get a day off in the kitchen. I’m not turning it down though!

Not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow, although I’m planning to try wrapping my sister’s birthday present to send off to her.  I’d like to get it in the mail soon.  


Come back later if you’d like and read all the news from my little corner of the planet.  Until tomorrow…. 

No comments: