October 17, 2019

Thursday - Sunny but cool

I woke up to my alarm this morning and for some reason thought that F hadn’t gone to work yet, but when I looked around the room, he wasn’t there. It was okay. 

I got up, turned on the TV and watched the morning news.  I snoozed for a bit after that, but the room was darn cold and the bed was darn warm! After a while, I got up and grabbed breakfast. I started a load of laundry too, so that was good. Today was towels.  

I had a fairly quiet day. I watched a bit of the TV off the DVR AND I got my sister’s present wrapped and nearly ready to go. Yay me.

I went downstairs after 5:30 to start on dinner prep, and a few minutes after that, F called to say he was on his way. I got things ready to go and when he arrived I began to cook.  Most of the things tonight were either precooked or in convenient packs so it was fairly easy, but it is still complicated when you have only two burners and a microwave/oven and a toaster oven to cook with. I reheated a couple of things from the fridge and we had them too.  Dinner was okay. I’d given F and K rice while I had some of the couscous from the other day. 

After dinner, I started the dishes and listened to a podcast of the Canadian news. I was almost halfway through the dishes when F came in and took over washing them. It was nice of him, but annoying too. He talked over my podcast and didn’t wash things in the order that I would have.  When he got to my stir-fry pan, he scrubbed the outside first and then tried to scrub the inside. I asked him to be gentle with it (it is over 20 years old, is Teflon and I have had the pan longer than I’ve had him.)  He got all huffy and left the pan in the sink.  I wasn’t sure what I had done as I had tried to ask him nicely.  

After I finished up, I went upstairs and he came up a little later.  I asked if he still wanted to go out and first he said no and then he said yes. I needed to go out either way for a few groceries. 

While getting ready to go, I remembered that it is the third Thursday today and the onsen that he likes is usually closed today.  I reminded him and after he checked that it was closed, he decided to go somewhere else.  

We ended up driving to Den Den in Mikawa. It’s an older onsen, but still okay. When we arrived there, F realized he’d left his towel back at the house so he had to rent one. Oh dear. No problem though. I sat in the very cold lobby…the front door opens straight into the lobby and there wasn’t any heating on.  I grabbed a hot drink from the vending machine and sat at a chair and did a little crochet.  Yay me. I got a row and a bit done.  

I had two drinks in the time I was there, it really was cold. F came out and we chatted for a little before leaving.

We drove to the grocery store and bought a few groceries. I’m going to be cooking tomorrow night again. I think it is getting a bit complicated, sort of worries me if I’m honest. I’m planning on baked chicken, baked potatoes, salad and…I’m not sure what else. I hope it goes well. 

We came back to the house via a drugstore to get some cold medicine for F. He’s sounding quite bad. 

I watched a bit of TV and then turned it off so I could blog faster. And now, I think I am done! 

On the morrow, I have more to catch up with on the DVR, some cooking, and I probably should try and pump up my bike tires so I could go to the post office and the bank and somewhere else if I feel like it. But, I won’t hold my breath! Or will I?

Come back later if you like and find out what happens. Until tomorrow….


No comments: