October 19, 2019

Saturday - Rainy and cold

I got up before 9 this morning, and on a Saturday too. Yay me.  Actually, we both did!  F suggested that we go for breakfast before our doctor appointments this morning, so we were up and out just after 9 am. Yay for us. 

We had a nice and cheerful breakfast in Gusto. I had my usual scrambled eggs with toast, bacon and sausage, F had a new one for him, a miso soup set. It was a Japanese set with lots of stuff that he liked. 

After that, we zoomed over to the clinic and waited to see the doctor for a while. I got a round of crochet finished and another one started, so that was good.  I did a little self-advocacy today and had a chat with the doctor about the medicine he had given me before and why I was opposed to taking it.  Happily for me, he listened and understood, so we are going to try something else. Woot.

After we got our medicine we decided what to do. I suggested going to the house and checking on K since she wasn’t up when we left.  We did, and she was fine. F had thought she wanted him to take her somewhere, but she changed her mind.  Meanwhile, I was upstairs, getting into bed. I only planned to take a nap for a few minutes, but it turned into two hours of sleep. F got into bed too, but I think he was playing with his computer more than dozing!

I got up around 3:30 and we had to get into action soon. We planned to go to a concert in the aquarium today, so we needed to get K a bento and maybe have something for the two of us. We got bentos at the nearby supermarket and picked up a couple of onigiri for us.  We delivered the bento and then left for the aquarium.  We ate our onigiri on the way and we were both a bit disappointed in them. It was nice, but the filling was terribly small.

We got to the aquarium, went in, had a snoop at the critters…loved the octopi again and the jellies…they undulate and move with such amazing gracefulness. We went into the concert room, found seats and then had a wonderful time today. We saw Teruhiko Saito who plays the contrabass. The concert was so good.  After last time’s concert, I was a bit worried, but this was excellent. It was so good that I bought the cd afterwards! I’m listening to it now in fact.  The only bad thing about the concert was the vent in the floor blew cool air up my right leg through the entire concert. 

Oh, hi there! 

It's like an outtake for Ad Astra isn't it?


After the concert, we left the aquarium and came back to Tsuruoka. I had suggested going to Cocos for dinner, and that’s what we did. I think it was a good idea as I really enjoyed my meal, and F seemed to like his a lot too. 

We came back to the house where K was up. She’d found a TV programme that interested her!  We came upstairs, I watched a little telly, F played with his computer.

It was a good day.

Tomorrow I’m hoping that we’ll go and see Maleficient: Mistress of Evil. I’m not sure it needed a sequel, but it’s here and I haven’t seen a movie in a couple of weeks, so I need to go!  I’m not sure what else will happen, but I will try to fill in the deets tomorrow!


Come back later if you want and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: