October 8, 2019

Tuesday - Rainy and cold

I got up this morning and watched the news. It was a treat today to be able to watch it. I snoozed a bit on the bed and was surprised when it hit 10 am.  I got up and started a load of laundry and grabbed my breakfast too.

I had a fairly quiet afternoon. I had a lot of laundry to hang up and I watched quite a few shows off the DVR. I needed to though.

F called me around 5:30 and said he was on his way back. He’d finished work. I went downstairs and started to get dinner underway.  I think K even offered to help today, but I didn’t really understand what she said.  

Tonight we had more sea asparagus, but this time soaked in water for 2 hours then stir-fried with some zucchini and bacon. I made pasta with carbonara and we also had a lovely salad, radishes and the stirfry. For dessert, we had blueberries and ice cream. That was really nice too. It seemed like there was so much food!  Before dinner, F made as if to get himself some rice and I told him he didn’t need it.  Who the heck needs rice with spaghetti?
Oh, and today’s little treat. F brought down his computer to “watch” the Livenews of some guy on YouTube. I was quite upset. Not only does he watch the computer, but he also wears headphones!  

Of course, it was terribly difficult to get any help from him. I forced him to carry a few things out to the table for me but he wasn’t happy about it. After dinner, I started the dishes, did about half alone. He came in and washed a few bowls and then rushed off. It was nice that he washed them, but why the heck can’t he just dry the damn dishes?

After I finished in the kitchen I went upstairs. F came up soon after. He got into his pyjamas. I was quite shocked as it was only 9 pm. Of course, he got up a little later and made himself some ramen. 

I took a shower tonight but was really annoyed that we didn’t go out. F didn’t even ask if I needed to go out. I’ve decided not to cook tomorrow. He’ll probably be late, but I haven’t got the main dish in mind. Sigh.

I watched a little TV tonight. I also caught the whole episode of The Handmaid’s Tale tonight. I liked it as a version of the book.  I’m expecting great things from it, I hope I won’t be disappointed.

Anyway, it is late and I am quite tired. Tomorrow I have a few things to do here, chiefly, clean off the heater. It’s getting to the point where I need to use it at night.

Come back later if you will and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….


No comments: