November 10, 2019

Sunday - Clear but cloudy and cool

I slept in a bit this morning but got up around 10:30 today.  F heard the doorbell and went down to answer the door. I followed a few minutes later to use the facilities.
We came back upstairs and ended up having a nice little nap.  

Around 1:00 we went out looking for lunch. I was surprised that F wanted to go out, yesterday he was crying about money. Okay then.  We checked out the local Korean restaurant, but it was closed at lunch. We were going to go to Foodever but ended up at Nikuya Shokudo, the butcher’s restaurant. It was busy, but we did get seated within 10 minutes or so, so not too bad. F had chicken breast strips and I had taco rice, a new dish they’d added to their menu. It was good, but they really need to amp up the spice on it. They gave me a bottle of tabasco with it, but I’m not a big fan of that stuff.  I used a little and it helped, but I wanted more!  
After lunch, we decided to go back to the house and pick up the kerosene tanks to fill them.  I started rubbing my right eye.  I did something to it, I’m not sure what, but for a few minutes I just couldn’t open my eye.  Then, it started to burn a little. I thought that maybe I’d got a bit of tabasco off the bottle on my hands and it was in my eye.  On later thought, I probably didn’t, as I wasn’t sure.  From what I’ve heard if you get chilli sauce or something in your eyes, you know it.  I wasn’t sure.  Anyway, my eye was streaming and for the rest of the trip to the house, I couldn’t open my eye.  

When we arrived at the house, I was able to open my eye, so I was pretty sure I would be okay. Just for good measure, I went into the house, washed my hands thoroughly and then washed my eye too. It’s been fine for the rest of the day.  Whew.

We filled up the kerosene tanks and visited the drugstore briefly for important things like detergent and a new pump for the kerosene tanks.  We brought them back to the house and then we went out again. 

We went to S-Mall where we went and had a coffee or tea at Doutor.  We stayed there an hour or so, and I was getting mighty bored by the end. I made F move on finally. We went upstairs. He looked at books and then sat for a while. I looked for something for his birthday present, but didn’t buy it yet, then looked for something for my nephew’s present. He wouldn’t fit into their sizes, so I moved on to the hundred yen shop.  I toured the store, but didn’t buy anything!

We headed off to the grocery store to pick up our groceries and maybe bentos for dinner.  We got to the store and I decided to make a stew tomorrow. The only problem? They were completely out of meat for stews!  There was nothing that I could use! F suggested using some expensive meat, but the whole point of stews is that you don’t use expensive meat!  That got tabled until Tuesday.  I decided to do the Taco Rice from Costco on Monday, so got the few ingredients that I need for that. I got a few things for my lunch tomorrow, picked up 3 bentos and then we left and came back to the house.  

At the house, F decided to make bread for tomorrow AND heat the bentos at the same time. He put his and his mother’s in first since they were the same.  When they were done, I took them out to the living room and he put mine in and heated it up.  When he took it out, a huge hole had melted in the lid of the bento. It was touching my food, so that was really appetizing.  I scraped the top bit that was under the hole off. F was apologetic, but I told him off for not using the bento setting on the microwave. He just put it in for too long. 

We ate, it was okay. We did a quick clean up, I think F stayed to talk to his mother for a minute and I went upstairs. After a few minutes, F came up and we left.  
F had said that he wanted to go to the onsen tonight, so I went with him. I sat in the lobby and knitted!  I haven’t started my Christmas Decoration yet, so I grabbed my in-between project. I got more than a row done, so that is good. The rows are very long, so it is more work than it sounds! The onsen was crowded so I didn’t get my chair for a while, but once I got it, I wasn’t giving it up. 

We came back to the house and had a quiet evening in. F made himself some noodles and I decided to make myself some popcorn. The real stuff, in a pot with a lid. I did and then I ate it. It was great!  I’ve only ever made microwave popcorn here at the house, so this is progress. I did feel a tad odd doing it at midnight though!

Around 1:30 we had a small earthquake.  It woke F up and startled me.  It didn’t cause any damage and it might not have been as shaky as it was if we were on the ground floor of the house. 

Well, that’s it. All the news that is fit to pass on. I’m not sure what I’ll get up to tomorrow, but come on back in a bit and find out. Until tomorrow….

No comments: