November 15, 2019

Friday - Rainy, dark and cold

F woke me up again this morning, but I somehow managed to fall back asleep again for a few minutes. I got up and did my usual watching of the news from the bed. 

I had a quiet day today. I spent some time doing my declutter, got a few more things chucked. I threw out a pair of socks that are just too tight on the top.  It felt good to get rid of them.

In the afternoon I did a bit of Postcrossing and wrote three cards to send. I haven’t sent many for ages, so it is good to get some sent.

F called around 4 to say that he’d just been tasked with a road trip for work so he’d be late back. I told him I’d let his mother know and I’d do dinner. I had planned to do pasta for us, as he knew.

Later, when I went downstairs to do my dishes and start dinner, I made an executive decision to change the menu. I took some stuff out of the freezer and prepared that instead. K and I had a mushroom burger patty, some fried rice, some butternut squash and lettuce. It was all very nice.  I did all the dishes and went upstairs afterwards.

F called a few minutes later to say he was nearly back to the house.  When he arrived, I heated up his dinner. He had plain rice instead of the fried rice. He was being rather a pain and added some fishy egg stuff to his meal, so I went upstairs and left him to it.

I thought and hoped if I’m honest that we’d go out tonight, but F came upstairs and went to bed. That put paid to that.  

I watched some of my late-night Friday TV and then remembered that we had to fill in a questionnaire about our health to get the flu shot. F filled his in, and then when we went over mine, got in an argument about when we should go to the doctor. They told us that the last entry was 11:30, but we have a few things to do there tomorrow, so F wants to go early. That’s fine to a certain extent, but he wants to go too early. He wants to show up at 9 am, which is completely insane. That’s when everyone goes so we wouldn’t be able to get in, even if I wanted to go that early. And I don’t. 

I suggested going a half hour before we usually go, and by that I mean, arrive there but that doesn’t please him.  Too bad.  What might happen now is that he goes when he wants and I’ll ride my bike over when I want to go.

It’s a pity that he’s decided to fight with me about this. It puts a damper on the whole weekend and honestly, really upsets me.  I’m quite sure that he doesn’t care about that. 


Well, hopefully I’ll be here tomorrow. Come back and see and hear how things go. Until tomorrow….

No comments: