November 16, 2019

Saturday - Clear and sunny until it started to rain!

Happy Birthday little sister!

I had a horrid night last night. When I wrote, F and I were fighting. He finally said that he was planning to go to his other doctor in the morning before our mutual doctor. I really didn’t understand why he wanted to go to the second doctor so early, especially since the first is hella busy always. I said if he phoned me from the first doctor when he left, I’d be ready to go to the second one then. I tried to sleep, but he had his bedside light on for a while, and then his computer, so the room wasn’t dark enough. Yes, I was wearing an eye mask, I always do. 

In the morning, I wake up and he’s gone.  I got up, dressed and then tried to check my email. Except, there was no internet. I checked and it was a month since the last time this happened. He’d not sent the forms in to get the payment from his bank account so they’d cut us off again. Sigh. We went off to the doctor’s office. No big deal. We got our flu shots, a couple of tests and our two minutes with the doctor. 

After the doctor and pharmacy run, we got K a bento and dropped it at the house. She’s a bit under the weather apparently.

We went to have lunch and the place that I wanted had no parking available. We took a pair of my shoes to be repaired and then went into the restaurant. It’s a nice place with great food. However, F started complaining all the way up the stairs and even into the restaurant about the price and how the food wasn’t that good. He wanted ramen. He said as we went in that he wouldn’t eat. I was sick and tired of that crap and said that we could leave, but he wouldn’t. Then I basically told him to get out. I didn’t want to see his face while I ate. He threw some money at me and left. 

I had a lovely solo lunch. I felt bad about taking up a whole table, but they always had an empty table so not too bad about it. I had a side salad and shrimp and orange bouquet (a type of cauliflower) cream pasta and it was amazing! I also got a nice piece of cake and a cup of coffee for lunch. It wasn’t a cheap lunch, but I definitely feel I got what I paid for. I left and walked to the car. 

As I had thought, F was in the car. He’d eaten, but didn’t say what. I think he’d gone to the grocery store and taken something out and eaten it in the car.  He was in the process of calling the internet provider and finding out how to make a payment! We went to a convenience store and he made the payment, I mailed my postcards from the day before. Done!

We went back to the house and I took a nap. I was out for about 20 or 30 minutes. We had planned to leave for the aquarium at 4 pm. We were a few minutes later than that, but we were at the aquarium in lots of time.  We went and looked at the beasties and then had a drink in the lobby. We were a tad late going downstairs to get seats for the concert. F was quite annoyed with me, but when we got downstairs, there were tons of empty seats available!  We got a couple of good seats and were able to enjoy the show. Today it was a local contrabass player and a guitar player duo. We liked them a lot. I said afterwards that they weren’t really main event performers, but they’d be great for background music.  

We left the aquarium and drove back to Tsuruoka. F wanted food, I wasn’t too fussy honestly. He made me choose the place and I suggested sushi. Our favourite place would be closing in 45 minutes, but we could probably get in.  We did.  We had a bit of sushi each, but many of my favourites were already finished for the evening. Sigh. 

When we left, we headed back to the house, or so I thought. On the way there F said he wanted to take a bath…he didn’t do that this morning. I said it was fine. I wouldn’t take one, but I would go to the onsen and read on my phone.  

We went to the onsen which was really busy tonight. He went off to the bath, I got a chair and vegged. I caught up on Facebook and read some of a book.  

When he was done, we just came back to the house. He checked his mother and she’s mostly the same, but she did eat something so that is good. 

Upstairs, he went to bed with his computer and I went to my computer. I spent a few minutes talking to my sister about her birthday and my upcoming visit. It was nice! 

It was a long day and I’m feeling quite tired.  Is anyone still there? Oh, F left the first doctor’s office before he was quite done! He was supposed to get a shot for pain but didn’t. I think that is probably why he was so grumpy today. But, for me, the best part is I was right!  I had told him that he wouldn’t be back from the first doctor in time to go to the second as early as he wanted. He kind of cheated didn’t he?


Anyway, that’s it for me. Come back later and see how Sunday goes. Until tomorrow….

2 comments:

Orchid64 said...

You've been mentioning that F has been talking about money problems. Is this new? It would seem that he would have more money now that you are both living with his mother because he doesn't have to pay rent anymore and I assume his mother shares expenses for the household (water, electric, etc.) with him.

I don't want to pry into your personal business, but has something happened to bring on economic hardship recently? Do his claim about not having money make any sense? One of the other bloggers had a husband who was addicted to pachinko and hid it from her and he went into debt. So, I'm a bit worried for you given that this seems like something that wasn't an issue when the two of you had your own place to live.

Helen said...

That's what I assumed too, until he had to buy a new car. Apparently the payments are quite high. I have no idea if his mother shares the utility fees with him. I rather doubt it. I am not able to discuss anything financial with them.

I don't think that my husband is a secret pachinko player. I think he's nearing retirement age and starting to panic. He has a wife that would rather eat good food that happens to be expensive rather than the cheap crap that he likes...which actually isn't that cheap these days.

Thanks for commenting.