November 17, 2019

Sunday - Sunny but cool

Yesterday wasn’t a great day, but today wasn’t bad at all. I didn’t go to bed until very, very late, and slept in quite late as a result. F was in bed quite late too.  I went back to bed and slept for a couple of hours.

F and I went out for lunch after he’d given his mother some lunch. She’s still a bit under the weather.  We went to Arpeggio, the place he’d wanted to go to yesterday. They stay open fairly late. We had a nice lunch, I had soboru don, a chopped meat on rice thing and F had a ton-don, slices of pork on rice. It was fairly basic Japanese stuff but done well. It was fairly reasonable too, but we didn’t add on coffee or dessert today. 

After lunch, I had asked that we visit a store that sells larger sized clothing. I wanted to see if there was something for my nephew.  I found him a couple of things there and I bought them and paid for them. After that, F started driving! I wasn’t sure why, but he drove off towards Kushibiki (a suburb of Tsuruoka) and took us up past the ski hill. It was lovely up there and the trees looked lovely in their colours. We came back because someone had set the bread maker to come off at 5 pm and needed to take the bread out.

From a lookout point.  It was near sunset.

We got back to the house and there was lots of time left. Oh dear. Finally, when F did take the bread out I pointed out the nearly complete loaf of bread on the table. He hadn’t seen it earlier. Still, he’d made raisin bread and that was very nice!

We were planning to go and see the 8:05 movie tonight but had to do some grocery shopping first. We went to Mina, the nearby big grocery store and I got a few things for dinner tomorrow night, plus my lunch.  Then, I tried but failed to find a loaf of French bread so I got croissants instead. I hope they’re okay. We left the store and F realized he forgot to get his rice! We delivered the groceries back to the house. No, dear husband, I don’t want to leave some raw meat sitting in the car, even though it is November and getting colder.  We put the groceries in the house and left again. We visited the local closest grocery store and picked up some rice. That can be left in the car no problem!

We drove over to the cinema. We were quite early, so had a seat in the lobby. We got some popcorn and drinks and went to see Us.  I liked it a lot. It was quite spooky and a bit scary. It was a bit gruesome, but not over the top or anything. 



We came back to the house after the movie. K was up having something to eat, so F chatted with her. I came upstairs and checked my email and such. My BFF was on-line and we had a chat about my trip to Canada. We’re hoping to get together and maybe have a night or two together if we can swing it. We usually manage, but Christmas makes it difficult because we’ll both have family obligations.  

And that’s about it. I took a shower and then came upstairs to blog. It was a much better day than yesterday, probably because we didn’t have to get any kind of shot and the weather was good.  

Come back later if you will and see how my dinner-making goes. Until tomorrow….

No comments: