November 6, 2019

Wednesday - Sunny and clear

I got up this morning, went downstairs for a mo’ and then came back upstairs to watch the news. I did, and somehow took a bit of a nap again too. No biggie.  

I had an okay day today. I watched a little more telly from the DVR, I wrote 3 postcards for Postcrossing (and ran out of stamps) and then scanned them, and some of the cards I had received recently. Or not so recently, I just didn’t have time to scan them.  

I bumped into K a few times today. I was getting my lunch, she was just getting up!  I don’t care. She’s free to live how she likes as long as we don’t bother each other. I’m sure she doesn’t feel the same way about me though.

F called me tonight to say he was on his way back from work so I went downstairs and got the stew on to reheat. By the time he arrived, it was almost warm enough.  We had a pretty good meal. Stew on rice, salad on the side with some mini-tomatoes for K and F too.  It was a little funny. They weren’t touched today because the store we got them from put them in a sealed bag.  It would be harder to pretend that she didn’t know they were for dinner if she had to open a sealed bag.  Bah ha ha.  The remainder are on the table now, I wonder how many will survive until tomorrow night?!

Dinner was nice and afterwards, wonder of wonders, F helped me with the dishes. I’m never sure that he really is helping though. He does the dishes in such a strange fashion that I know he’s never worked with someone else to do the dishes. He washes everything, then rinses everything, then puts the dishes in the rack. It means that I am standing around with nothing to do for 5 minutes and then there’s too many at once.  Still, he helped and that is my takeaway. I had to take over near the end as he had to leave the kitchen for a few minutes.

We went out to the Internet Cafe tonight. It was the first time in ages. I really enjoyed it if I’m honest. The massaging chair was nice and I watched a bit of TV, a bit of YouTube and did a bunch of crochet. I’m on the last round of my doily and it is looking cute!

We came back to the house via the Lawsons so that I could mail my postcards. They have a mailbox inside. We picked up a few munchie things too.  

When we got back to the house, F set up the bread maker to make bread for a co-worker and I did up the garbage for the week.  We did get in each other’s way, but really handled things quite well!

And that’s about it. I might go out and get stamps tomorrow and a few other things, depending on how the weather is and how I feel.  Come back later and see what I end up doing. Until tomorrow….


No comments: