November 7, 2019

Thursday - Cloudy and rainy

I got up this morning around a decent time, went downstairs and came back and watched the news. I had a very quiet morning and afternoon to be honest. I didn’t do a lot of things around the house.  

F called around 5:30 so I went downstairs to start dinner.  I was using a frozen stir-fry from another store today. I had to defrost it first, which took a long time. F arrived before it was ready, but I had things just about ready to go.  I sent him off to get changed and I cooked, baked and microwaved various parts of dinner and got it done. Yay.  I plated in the kitchen for a change and then brought everything to the table. I had to yell for F to come for dinner, but when we ate it was pretty good. We had a fish stirfry, some pilaf and some tater-tot like things! It was quite nice really.

F washed the dishes and for bonus points, he even tightened the handle on my stirfry pan, so that was good of him!

He knew that we needed to go out and get some more food for tomorrow, but wanted to watch something on TV downstairs.  I went upstairs, watched a little YouTube, and I spent a bit of time crocheting and I managed to finish crocheting my doily. I’ll have to darn in the ends and hopefully, I’ll be able to block it as well. I think I had better block it as it won’t sit right otherwise. 

I was having a second cup of tea, using some of my expensive tea, when I pulled the tea bag out of my cup and saw a dead mosquito balanced on the cup.  Yuck!  I did consider just moving the bug, but I couldn’t.  I took the cup downstairs to pour it out and wash the cup, and then asked F when he was going to go out!  It was practically 10pm!  

He came up a few minutes later and said that the boxing or whatever it was still wasn’t over, but he could go now.  

We drove off to the grocery store and bought a few groceries. I was going to cook tomorrow night, but I didn’t see anything I wanted to make. F suggested that he make a nabe so we decided to do that. He bought most of the ingredients but has to buy the main protein tomorrow. They didn’t have a good meat or fish for us to buy in the store tonight. 

We came back to the house, unpacked the groceries and then I took a shower. F came up to bed and it sounds like he is sleeping. He’s been having trouble sleeping lately, poor thing. 

That’s about it. I watched a couple of hours of telly tonight.  During the day I watched Glass, the M. Night Shyamalan movie, but I didn’t like it too much. It just seemed unfinished or something. I was finding all kinds of things wrong with the settings too.  

Tomorrow, I hope to go out in the afternoon. I still need to buy some stamps, so I’d like to do that. I’d also just like to get out of the house under my own steam if I have time! 


If you are interested, come back later and see what I get up to. Until tomorrow….

No comments: