December 15, 2019

Sunday - Cloudy but not rainy

We all slept in very, very late this morning. I think I was asleep before F last night, and I went to bed around 4! I woke up a couple of times to use the ‘loo and then because Lady Gaga sang at 11:00am.  I got up around then, F was around the same time too.  He took his mother off to the onsen which left me with a few minutes alone to take care of some chores. Yay. 

I vacuumed my room under the desk, I refilled the kerosene tank in our room’s heater, and I did a couple of other things too. I also did a more personal chore, and I got dressed!

F and K didn’t get back until 2:45 or so and then wanted to have lunch!  Where?  Most places finish lunch around 2 so this was really too late. F made me pick a place so I chose Gusto. It’s cheapish, it’s fine and it was open.  We all piled in the car and went. Today’s meal was fine. I had some chicken and ordered a plate of fries to share, K had her usual mackerel grill and F had pork on rice. I think we were all okay with the food. The fries went down a treat. I’m leading K down the path of western food!

After dinner, we went to the hundred yen shop nearby. I was looking for luggage tags. At the shop in S-Mall, they had luggage tags, but they were silly animal ones with lots of edges and were just asking to catch in machinery and get ripped off. At least S-Mall’s store had some. This shop didn’t. K and F walked around the store together. She used a buggy like a walker, I went off on my own.  I got a few things to liven up someone’s Christmas Present and then we left.  

We came back to the house and dropped off our shopping and K.  She’d had a busy day for her. Two outings! Wow.  

F and I went out again to another hundred yen shop. It took a bit of looking around, but I did find luggage tags, so I bought 4. I find that they do get broken easily (even the more expensive ones) so I wanted extra on hand. I picked up a couple of bags for Christmas wrapping and a ball of gorgeous purple lace cotton. I had to. I picked it up, considering it. I put it back and then it fell off the shelf, trying to fall into my cart. Obviously, we were meant to be together!

After our shopping I was thirsty. I suggested getting a drink, so we ended up at Starbucks. Although I really wanted to try that new Christmas drink with french fries in it, I didn’t. F just had coffee so I had a simple iced tea. No big deal. 

We drank our drinks and spent some time in the coffee shop until we got cold, then went over to the book store. F bought a book and I bought a pen.  We left and got our groceries along the road.

Following the groceries, we picked up some kerosene for the house and some gasoline for the car. I suggested going back to the house to drop things off, which we did.

F was demanding I pick the dinner place again, so I did. I suggested Coco Ichibanya, so we went there. I think F doesn’t like it too much, or he thinks it is overpriced. Then again, he thinks everything is, including his beloved ramen. They had soup curry on again so I was happy. I had that, just the basic one tonight and F had a tonkatsu curry that also looked good. We skipped drinks, so the meal came to less than 2000yen, which I think was very reasonable. 

We came back to the house and chilled out for the next while. I noticed there was a Keanu Reeves/Winona Ryder movie (Destination Wedding) on at 11 so I watched that. I really enjoyed it! It was rather amusing. When I checked other movies on tonight I found a couple on the movie channel so I have set my DVR. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to watch them tomorrow so I might have to erase them, but you never know.

I also finished another decoration for Christmas Trees. I’m up to 4 now. I don’t know if I’ll be able to get any more done or not. I do hope so as I’d like to give some to my friends for a personal Christmas present.  


As always, come back here tomorrow and see what I get up to. Tomorrow I have to start packing my suitcase to see if I’m taking one case or two…It sounds sooo exciting, doesn’t it?  Until tomorrow….

No comments: