December 14, 2019

Saturday - Rainy and windy

We slept in a little bit but did get up around 10:00ish. I had some breakfast and then got dressed for going out.  F and I went to our doctor’s office. As usual, we had a case of hurry up and wait there. I took my knitting and got almost a complete round done, so that was good. It really does help me relax a bit.  After seeing the doctor we headed back to the house to pick up K and to go for lunch.

We went to Kintaro Sushi and had a lovely lunch. It was so rainy when we arrived at the restaurant, that we sat in the car for a few extra minutes so we wouldn’t get wet!  

After lunch, F brought us back to the house and we came in.  F and I came upstairs. I watched some shows on YouTube and then got very tired and took a nap. I slept for about an hour.

F and I got ready to go out and he called a taxi for us. We went over to Hyakkenbori and had our lovely Christmas Dinner. A lot of places in Tsuruoka have their Christmas events really close to Christmas. Sadly, because I’m leaving, I wasn’t able to go to any of them. What we did instead was take advantage of the Christmas Dinner at Hyakkenbori.  We had a very nice meal and a few drinks in a lovely location.  I really wanted to have a nice meal with F before I left. 
Our appetizers.  Canapes, shrimp cocktail and a salad.  I gifted
the mussel to F as I don't eat them. 

Salmon Carpaccio with salad 

Roasted honey-lemon chicken and vegetables

Mushroom cream pasta

Chocolate mousse, matcha & sweet potato tart,  gateau chocolat
Funny story, the waitress came over just after we got our dessert with new narrow spoons for the mousse as the ones
she'd given us wouldn't fit in the glass!
You-know-who and F!

After our meal, we decided to walk to Showa-dori, the drinking area and go to an izakaya for more drinks and food.  It was cold, but it wasn’t raining until we got quite near the izakaya. 

We had a light second meal of yakitori and some vegetables.  F had another drink, I had some oolong tea. I did have a drink at the other place with my meal, no big deal.

We came back to the house by taxi and came upstairs. I got our room warmed up, then took a shower. When I finished that, I watched a little telly.  F seemed to go to bed, but had just got up and had a late-night snack. 


I had no idea what I’m going to get up to tomorrow. My time here is winding down and I have a lot of things that I must do…like pack my suitcases! Come back later if you will and see what actually happens. Until tomorrow….

No comments: